Amanda Knox retrial begins in Italy
09/28/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Italy – The murder retrial of Amanda Knox began on Monday in Italy. As reported by Good Morning America, Knox was not present during the opening of the trial. Neither was her former boyfriend and codefendant Raffaelle Sollecito.
Both Knox and Sollecito served four years prison time in an Italian prison for the murder of fellow student Meredith Kercher, who was killed in 2007. An appeals court threw out their conviction in 2011. A new trial was subsequently ordered by Italy’s supreme court, asserting there were “inconsistencies” in the appeal sentence.
Knox’s attorney, Carlo Dalla Vedova, is quoted as asking during the opening of the trial if she “is being treated like other defendants… Is this constitutional that she be tried endlessly.”
Knox is studying creative writing at the University of Washington.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – World Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping
- Driver charged in wedding day crash that killed Ohio man
- Former OPD chief testifies in gender-discrimination lawsuit
- Mariska Hartigay praises funding for rape kit testing
- Lyft allows employers to pick up tab for employee rides
- Agreement reached between Amazon and Hachette
- Woman claims singer’s voice gives her seizures
- Window washers saved after dangling from One World Trade Center
- Age of mother affects child’s performance at school