Amanda Knox retrial begins in Italy
09/28/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Italy – The murder retrial of Amanda Knox began on Monday in Italy. As reported by Good Morning America, Knox was not present during the opening of the trial. Neither was her former boyfriend and codefendant Raffaelle Sollecito.
Both Knox and Sollecito served four years prison time in an Italian prison for the murder of fellow student Meredith Kercher, who was killed in 2007. An appeals court threw out their conviction in 2011. A new trial was subsequently ordered by Italy’s supreme court, asserting there were “inconsistencies” in the appeal sentence.
Knox’s attorney, Carlo Dalla Vedova, is quoted as asking during the opening of the trial if she “is being treated like other defendants… Is this constitutional that she be tried endlessly.”
Knox is studying creative writing at the University of Washington.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – World Legal News
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns