Amanda Knox retrial begins in Italy
09/28/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Italy – The murder retrial of Amanda Knox began on Monday in Italy. As reported by Good Morning America, Knox was not present during the opening of the trial. Neither was her former boyfriend and codefendant Raffaelle Sollecito.
Both Knox and Sollecito served four years prison time in an Italian prison for the murder of fellow student Meredith Kercher, who was killed in 2007. An appeals court threw out their conviction in 2011. A new trial was subsequently ordered by Italy’s supreme court, asserting there were “inconsistencies” in the appeal sentence.
Knox’s attorney, Carlo Dalla Vedova, is quoted as asking during the opening of the trial if she “is being treated like other defendants… Is this constitutional that she be tried endlessly.”
Knox is studying creative writing at the University of Washington.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – World Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks
- Ebola patient’s boyfriend, dog placed in isolation
- Atheist jailed for parole violation wins settlement over religious objections
- City of Houston demands sermons from pastors