Amanda Knox retrial begins in Italy
09/28/2013 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Italy – The murder retrial of Amanda Knox began on Monday in Italy. As reported by Good Morning America, Knox was not present during the opening of the trial. Neither was her former boyfriend and codefendant Raffaelle Sollecito.
Both Knox and Sollecito served four years prison time in an Italian prison for the murder of fellow student Meredith Kercher, who was killed in 2007. An appeals court threw out their conviction in 2011. A new trial was subsequently ordered by Italy’s supreme court, asserting there were “inconsistencies” in the appeal sentence.
Knox’s attorney, Carlo Dalla Vedova, is quoted as asking during the opening of the trial if she “is being treated like other defendants… Is this constitutional that she be tried endlessly.”
Knox is studying creative writing at the University of Washington.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – World Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick