Millennials in the Workplace
08/28/2013 // Dallas, Texas, United States // Attorney Keith Clouse // Keith Clouse // (press release)
Millennials represent the youngest workers in most workplaces. Born between 1980 and 2000, many of these workers benefitted from focused attention from their parents, lived scheduled lives from their earliest days, and have always been surrounded by digital media. They have a reputation for feeling “entitled” and for being technologically savvy, social, optimistic, and good at multi-tasking. How can an employer help these new employees succeed in the workplace?
1. Involve millennials. They want to learn and they want to know how their work fits into the big picture.
2. Encourage them to work in teams. Many millennials grew up playing team sports, and they work well with others.
3. Engage them in conversations. Many millennials grew up with loving parents who listened to their thoughts and ideas. Let them share their ideas at work, too.
4. Keep things interesting. Millennials grew up in a fast-moving world. They seek change and challenges.
5. Let them multi-task. Millennials grew up texting while playing video games while listening to music. They are comfortable doing more than one thing.
To learn more about workplace solutions, contact an employment lawyer in your area. This article is presented by the employment law attorneys at Clouse Dunn LLP. For inquiries, send an email to [email protected] or call (214) 239-2705.
Address: 1201 Elm Street Suite 5200 Dallas, Texas 75270 – 2142
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada