Millennials in the Workplace
08/28/2013 // Dallas, Texas, United States // Attorney Keith Clouse // Keith Clouse // (press release)
Millennials represent the youngest workers in most workplaces. Born between 1980 and 2000, many of these workers benefitted from focused attention from their parents, lived scheduled lives from their earliest days, and have always been surrounded by digital media. They have a reputation for feeling “entitled” and for being technologically savvy, social, optimistic, and good at multi-tasking. How can an employer help these new employees succeed in the workplace?
1. Involve millennials. They want to learn and they want to know how their work fits into the big picture.
2. Encourage them to work in teams. Many millennials grew up playing team sports, and they work well with others.
3. Engage them in conversations. Many millennials grew up with loving parents who listened to their thoughts and ideas. Let them share their ideas at work, too.
4. Keep things interesting. Millennials grew up in a fast-moving world. They seek change and challenges.
5. Let them multi-task. Millennials grew up texting while playing video games while listening to music. They are comfortable doing more than one thing.
To learn more about workplace solutions, contact an employment lawyer in your area. This article is presented by the employment law attorneys at Clouse Dunn LLP. For inquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (214) 239-2705.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 1201 Elm Street Suite 5200 Dallas, Texas 75270 – 2142
Other News / Press Releases
- IKEA Children’s Wall-Mount Lamps Recalled; 1 Death Reported
- Off-Duty NYPD Cop Killed In Crash At Notorious 59th Street Bridge in Queens
- British Tourist Who Lost Leg in NYC Cab Accident Sues City for $27.5M
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short