Transgender woman dies after attack near NYPD precinct
08/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York City – A transgender woman died after being attacked in front of a police precinct in Harlem. As reported by Yahoo! News, 21-year-old Islan Nettles, who was beaten until she lost consciousness during the attack that occurred on August 16, was taken off life support and passed away on Thursday.
Nettles’ mother is quoted in the report as stating to a local newscast about the incident, “They were called f****, they were called he-she’s, she males, things of that nature.”
The alleged assailant, Paris Wilson, was arrested for misdemeanor assault and freed on $2,000 bail prior to Nettles’ death being officially being ruled a murder on Friday. He has yet to be arraigned on murder charges, and has a court date set for October 4.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York City Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens