Transgender woman dies after attack near NYPD precinct
08/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York City – A transgender woman died after being attacked in front of a police precinct in Harlem. As reported by Yahoo! News, 21-year-old Islan Nettles, who was beaten until she lost consciousness during the attack that occurred on August 16, was taken off life support and passed away on Thursday.
Nettles’ mother is quoted in the report as stating to a local newscast about the incident, “They were called f****, they were called he-she’s, she males, things of that nature.”
The alleged assailant, Paris Wilson, was arrested for misdemeanor assault and freed on $2,000 bail prior to Nettles’ death being officially being ruled a murder on Friday. He has yet to be arraigned on murder charges, and has a court date set for October 4.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York City Legal News
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father