Transgender woman dies after attack near NYPD precinct
08/27/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York City – A transgender woman died after being attacked in front of a police precinct in Harlem. As reported by Yahoo! News, 21-year-old Islan Nettles, who was beaten until she lost consciousness during the attack that occurred on August 16, was taken off life support and passed away on Thursday.
Nettles’ mother is quoted in the report as stating to a local newscast about the incident, “They were called f****, they were called he-she’s, she males, things of that nature.”
The alleged assailant, Paris Wilson, was arrested for misdemeanor assault and freed on $2,000 bail prior to Nettles’ death being officially being ruled a murder on Friday. He has yet to be arraigned on murder charges, and has a court date set for October 4.
This report is provided by Justice News Flash – New York City Legal News
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Former wrestler dies in apparent suicide reports say
- George Zimmerman accused of threatening to kill driver
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing