Select Philips LED Light Bulbs Recalled Due to Shock Hazards
08/22/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y.—The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Philips Lighting has voluntarily recalled Endura and Ambient LED dimmable light bulbs due to shock hazards posed by a defective component. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 15, 2013.
The light bulbs were recalled after discovering that the lead wire found in the housing can have an improper fitting, which can cause the entire lamp to electrify and pose a shock hazard to consumers.
“This recall involves Endura 12-watt and Ambient 12.5-watt LED dimmable light bulbs. The bulbs are orange in color and have ‘MADE IN CHINA,’ ‘Fabrique in Chine’ followed by a slanted ‘S,’ and the model number 9290001829 printed on the gray plastic band on the neck of the bulbs. The date codes, 2L for the Endura bulbs and 2K or 2L for the Ambient bulbs, are printed on the metal screw base. The bulbs give off a white light and are used indoors to replace incandescent bulbs,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to contact Philips for a free replacement bulb.
The light bulbs were sold at Home Depot, grocery and home center stores nationwide, as well as through online stores like Amazon.com.
For more information concerning the nationwide product recall, consumers can contact Philips Lighting Co. at (800) 295-5147 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, online at www.recall.philips.com, choose United States/English and click on the Endura and Ambient LED bulb recall. Consumers can also email Philips at email@example.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City