Agent fired after complaint about governor’s speeding
07/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Iowa City, Iowa – An Iowa criminal investigator says he was fired after complaining about the state governor’s speeding SUV. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Special Agent in Charge Larry Hedlund of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation was terminated from his position after a 25-year career in law enforcement Wednesday for what he claims was retaliation for his complaint, which state officials deny.
A personnel investigation was launched against Hedlund days after his complaint about Gov. Terry Branstad’s SUV traveling 90 mph was filed on April 29.
Tom Duff, Hedlund’s attorney, is quoted by the Associated Press (AP), as stating of the matter, “This firing is a real loss for the people of the state of Iowa… If your child turned up missing or your family member was the victim of a crime, you would want Larry on the case.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Iowa legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Minnesota man on trial for teens’ deaths linked to break in
- Mother pleads guilty after drug overdose in McDonald’s play area
- Complaints over Michelle Obama graduation speech
- Woman sues over being denied ‘8THEIST’ license plate
- AMR effort to terminate retiree benefits blocked
- Crying child suffocated over video game
- Massachusetts teacher not punished for thrown chair
- Wyoming student jumps to death after eating marijuana cookie
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot