Agent fired after complaint about governor’s speeding
07/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Iowa City, Iowa – An Iowa criminal investigator says he was fired after complaining about the state governor’s speeding SUV. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Special Agent in Charge Larry Hedlund of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation was terminated from his position after a 25-year career in law enforcement Wednesday for what he claims was retaliation for his complaint, which state officials deny.
A personnel investigation was launched against Hedlund days after his complaint about Gov. Terry Branstad’s SUV traveling 90 mph was filed on April 29.
Tom Duff, Hedlund’s attorney, is quoted by the Associated Press (AP), as stating of the matter, “This firing is a real loss for the people of the state of Iowa… If your child turned up missing or your family member was the victim of a crime, you would want Larry on the case.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Iowa legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks