Driver Arrested After Car Jumps Curb, Hits Pedestrians
07/02/2013 // jcreiterlaw // Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter // (press release)
A recent accident involving a car that swerved out of control, and lurched onto a sidewalk left eight people injured in Manhattan’s East Village, New York personal injury lawyers report. The driver of the vehicle was believed to have been under the influence of drugs or alcohol when he ran into a storefront flower stand and several other fixtures along the sidewalk, according to a report by the Associated Press (AP).
Rafael Fuentes, a witness to the incident, is quoted by the AP as commenting about the driver Shaun Martin “Everything that was in the way, he took it out.” Martin is now facing charges in connection with the accident, which is still under investigation reports the New York Injury Lawyer.
New York pedestrian accidents unfortunately occur with higher frequency than many would expect says Jonathan Reiter, a New York Injury Lawyer. In cases such as the recent accident that left multiple pedestrians with injuries, requiring some to be hospitalized, individuals have no way of knowing the danger they may encounter by simply carrying out day to day activities such as going to a grocery store.
New York pedestrians who are involved in accidents such as these have the right to seek legal compensation for their injuries. They may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, lost income from missed work, and other damages that may result. The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter is available to help injured accident victims who need help filing a New York pedestrian accident claim.
If you have been injured in an accident, and would like to discuss your legal options with an attorney, contact a New York Injury Lawyer at The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter today for a free case evaluation.
Address: New York City
Phone: (888) 464-1952
Url: New York Injury Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- NYC, Citi Bike Face $15M Lawsuit From Bicycle Accident
- Two Beacon School Students Burnt in Science Lab Experiment
- Man Crushed Between Platform and Subway Train at Wall Street Station
- The Serious Consequences of Surgical Errors
- Freak Storm Causes Scaffold Collapse at Construction Site in Times Square
- Families of Metro-North Train Derailment Victims Go Uncompensated
- NYC med mal attorney Report-Claims Involving Contaminated Hospital Equipment
- N.Y. Construction Accident Law Part 8: Scaffold Accidents
- Injured in the Emergency Room Jonathan C. Reiter can help!