Transvaginal Mesh Erosion Facts!
Transvaginal mesh, a once cutting-edge solution to repairing pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence, has quickly become the source of even more troublesome medical conditions for women. Those implanted with mesh have developed a series of adverse reactions, ranging from mildly irritating all the way to completely debilitating. In an interview with The Life Care Solutions Group’s founder Dr. Greg Vigna, MD/JD, Dr. Michael Hibner MD/PhD explains why transvaginal mesh erosion occurs and how it affects TVM patients.
Chronic Pelvic Pain Expert Shares First Hand Accounts of Mesh Erosion
Vaginal mesh is placed directly under the epithelium of the vagina; the thin skin closest to the surface. When the procedure is being performed a doctor will completely cover the mesh with this outermost layer of skin. Transvaginal mesh complications, like the erosion of mesh through the epithelial wall, can occur because of several different factors.
When transvaginal mesh erosion occurs in the vagina, the mesh will actually be visible to the naked eye. This often causes ongoing vaginal and pelvic region pain for the TVM patient, as well as extreme discomfort for both parties involved in sexual intercourse.
Another less seen complication is bladder erosion. This adverse reaction to the vaginal mesh is much less common than vaginal wall erosions. Once inside, the mesh can erode into any surrounding organ, including the bladder, urethra and bowels.
For more about the facts on vaginal mesh side effects, please watch Life Care Solutions Group’s series of video interviews between Greg Vigna, MD/JD and Dr Michael Hibner, MD/PhD.
Address: Concord, CA
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick