Transvaginal Mesh Erosion Facts!
Transvaginal mesh, a once cutting-edge solution to repairing pelvic organ prolapse and incontinence, has quickly become the source of even more troublesome medical conditions for women. Those implanted with mesh have developed a series of adverse reactions, ranging from mildly irritating all the way to completely debilitating. In an interview with The Life Care Solutions Group’s founder Dr. Greg Vigna, MD/JD, Dr. Michael Hibner MD/PhD explains why transvaginal mesh erosion occurs and how it affects TVM patients.
Chronic Pelvic Pain Expert Shares First Hand Accounts of Mesh Erosion
Vaginal mesh is placed directly under the epithelium of the vagina; the thin skin closest to the surface. When the procedure is being performed a doctor will completely cover the mesh with this outermost layer of skin. Transvaginal mesh complications, like the erosion of mesh through the epithelial wall, can occur because of several different factors.
When transvaginal mesh erosion occurs in the vagina, the mesh will actually be visible to the naked eye. This often causes ongoing vaginal and pelvic region pain for the TVM patient, as well as extreme discomfort for both parties involved in sexual intercourse.
Another less seen complication is bladder erosion. This adverse reaction to the vaginal mesh is much less common than vaginal wall erosions. Once inside, the mesh can erode into any surrounding organ, including the bladder, urethra and bowels.
For more about the facts on vaginal mesh side effects, please watch Life Care Solutions Group’s series of video interviews between Greg Vigna, MD/JD and Dr Michael Hibner, MD/PhD.
Address: Concord, CA
Other News / Press Releases
- Second nurse from Texas hospital found to have Ebola
- Investigation shows increase in traffic fatalities amid Texas fracking explosion
- Hospital nurses say no Ebola protocol in place where nurse contracted virus
- State throws out elementary school’s test results
- Charges filed against man in overdose of 9-year-old
- Phaedra Parks opens up about divorce, addresses rumors
- Marshawn Lynch accuser charged with making a false statement
- Human remains found on property of missing woman’s daughter
- Tori Spelling seeks relationship advice from unexpected source
- Multiple explosions set off two-alarm fire near Maytown