Teen suffers broken ribs after tree branch fall at summer camp
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
San Francisco, CA – A teen suffered broken ribs after a tree branch fell on her at a summer camp near Yosemite National Park. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Lizzie Moore was injured after an approximately 40 feet of a large, 53-inch diameter black oak tree snapped off and crashed towards her.
Moore and three others were injured in the incident that also resulted in the death of 21-year-old camp counselor, Annais Rittenberg.
Moore is quoted by the AP as stating, “At first I was really not sure at all what was happening… I heard some commotion, some screaming and then I ended up seeing the top of the tree moving around a lot, and then I saw it fall.”
Officials from the Pacific Gas & Electric Co, the company authorities state is responsible for inspecting oak tree annually, purportedly stated that no signs of obvious the tree rotting or disease was present. The company will reportedly be inspecting the tree in connection with the incident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in San Francisco legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’
- Leah Remini gets temporary gig as new co-host of ‘Dancing’