Teen suffers broken ribs after tree branch fall at summer camp
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
San Francisco, CA – A teen suffered broken ribs after a tree branch fell on her at a summer camp near Yosemite National Park. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Lizzie Moore was injured after an approximately 40 feet of a large, 53-inch diameter black oak tree snapped off and crashed towards her.
Moore and three others were injured in the incident that also resulted in the death of 21-year-old camp counselor, Annais Rittenberg.
Moore is quoted by the AP as stating, “At first I was really not sure at all what was happening… I heard some commotion, some screaming and then I ended up seeing the top of the tree moving around a lot, and then I saw it fall.”
Officials from the Pacific Gas & Electric Co, the company authorities state is responsible for inspecting oak tree annually, purportedly stated that no signs of obvious the tree rotting or disease was present. The company will reportedly be inspecting the tree in connection with the incident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in San Francisco legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Poll suggests Florida voters support legalizing medical marijuana
- Jesse Ventura awarded $1.8 million in defamation lawsuit
- Manufacturer agrees to nearly $800 million preliminary fund for asbestos victims
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash