Teen suffers broken ribs after tree branch fall at summer camp
07/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
San Francisco, CA – A teen suffered broken ribs after a tree branch fell on her at a summer camp near Yosemite National Park. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 18-year-old Lizzie Moore was injured after an approximately 40 feet of a large, 53-inch diameter black oak tree snapped off and crashed towards her.
Moore and three others were injured in the incident that also resulted in the death of 21-year-old camp counselor, Annais Rittenberg.
Moore is quoted by the AP as stating, “At first I was really not sure at all what was happening… I heard some commotion, some screaming and then I ended up seeing the top of the tree moving around a lot, and then I saw it fall.”
Officials from the Pacific Gas & Electric Co, the company authorities state is responsible for inspecting oak tree annually, purportedly stated that no signs of obvious the tree rotting or disease was present. The company will reportedly be inspecting the tree in connection with the incident.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in San Francisco legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage