NASCAR Driver Jason Leffler Killed in Crash at Bridgeport Speedway
06/22/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Swedesboro, NJ — Two-time winner on the NASCAR Nationwide Series, Jason Leffler, was killed in an accident during the heat race at a dirt car event at Bridgeport Speedway. The fatal accident occurred around 9 p.m. Wednesday night, June 12, 2013, the New York Daily News reported.
“NASCAR extends its thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies to the family of Jason Leffler who passed away earlier this evening,” NASCAR said in a statement. “For more than a decade, Jason was a fierce competitor in our sport and he will be missed.”
The accident occurred at the 0.625-mile, high-banked dirt oval when Leffler’s car struck the wall.
The Delaware County (Pa.) Medical Examiner ruled Leffler’s cause of death was a neck injury.
Leffler was reportedly wearing a Simpson Hybrid head and neck restraint system, which is one of six approved for use in NASCAR, USA Today reported.
The cause of the accident is underway.
Leffler is survived by his 5-year-old son Charlie Dean.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New Jersey wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City
- How Do I Know If I am a Victim of Medical Malpractice?