NASCAR Driver Jason Leffler Killed in Crash at Bridgeport Speedway
06/22/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Swedesboro, NJ — Two-time winner on the NASCAR Nationwide Series, Jason Leffler, was killed in an accident during the heat race at a dirt car event at Bridgeport Speedway. The fatal accident occurred around 9 p.m. Wednesday night, June 12, 2013, the New York Daily News reported.
“NASCAR extends its thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies to the family of Jason Leffler who passed away earlier this evening,” NASCAR said in a statement. “For more than a decade, Jason was a fierce competitor in our sport and he will be missed.”
The accident occurred at the 0.625-mile, high-banked dirt oval when Leffler’s car struck the wall.
The Delaware County (Pa.) Medical Examiner ruled Leffler’s cause of death was a neck injury.
Leffler was reportedly wearing a Simpson Hybrid head and neck restraint system, which is one of six approved for use in NASCAR, USA Today reported.
The cause of the accident is underway.
Leffler is survived by his 5-year-old son Charlie Dean.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New Jersey wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada