What is Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Am I Eligible for It?
06/12/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is a type of insurance that may be purchased by individuals or groups. Some companies provide access to long-term disability benefits through insurance policies for their employees in addition to offering life insurance. These policies in general pay up to 60 percent of an employee’s income that they earned prior to their becoming disabled and unable to work.
For workers whose employers provide this type of coverage, it can be a challenging to obtain benefits under these policies. Insurance providers of long-term disability insurance typically assess claims differently than the federal government would for a Social Security disability claim, taking a far less neutral stance.. However, most LTD policies require the employee to file for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits (SSDI) in addition to the LTD claim. Whereas, if approved, the LTD benefits can be paid in along with the SSDI, but typically at a reduced rate. A long-term disability lawyer can help one assess whether they are eligible for long-term disability insurance through their employer’s provider and discuss how a SSDI claim will impact the receipt of LTD benefits.
LTD insurance is different from the disability benefits provided by the Social Security Administration, and individuals who are not familiar with these differences may benefit from speaking with a disability attorney or advocate about their filing options.
Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm? is available to help individuals who are looking to file a claim for Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, or long-term disability insurance. The firm can provide answers for those with questions about their eligibility and guide clients on the steps to take to achieve a successful outcome for their case.
If you need help filing a disability claim, contact Wright & Wright today and request a free disability case evaluation.
Address: San Antonio, TX
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures
- What every lawyer should know about Conversion Rate Optimization
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on FLSA Matter
- San Francisco California Consumer Protection Lawyer Discusses Airbag Recalls
- Sexual Harassment and the Office Holiday Party
- Cary Been Consumer Protection Attorney Highlights Deceptive Advertising Battle
- Watch SEC Whistleblower Hangout by California Whistleblower Lawyer
- Lawsuit Accuses Jimmy John’s of Requiring Employees To Work Off The Clock