What is Long-Term Disability Insurance, and Am I Eligible for It?
06/12/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
Long-term disability (LTD) insurance is a type of insurance that may be purchased by individuals or groups. Some companies provide access to long-term disability benefits through insurance policies for their employees in addition to offering life insurance. These policies in general pay up to 60 percent of an employee’s income that they earned prior to their becoming disabled and unable to work.
For workers whose employers provide this type of coverage, it can be a challenging to obtain benefits under these policies. Insurance providers of long-term disability insurance typically assess claims differently than the federal government would for a Social Security disability claim, taking a far less neutral stance.. However, most LTD policies require the employee to file for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits (SSDI) in addition to the LTD claim. Whereas, if approved, the LTD benefits can be paid in along with the SSDI, but typically at a reduced rate. A long-term disability lawyer can help one assess whether they are eligible for long-term disability insurance through their employer’s provider and discuss how a SSDI claim will impact the receipt of LTD benefits.
LTD insurance is different from the disability benefits provided by the Social Security Administration, and individuals who are not familiar with these differences may benefit from speaking with a disability attorney or advocate about their filing options.
Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm? is available to help individuals who are looking to file a claim for Social Security Disability Insurance, Supplemental Security Income, or long-term disability insurance. The firm can provide answers for those with questions about their eligibility and guide clients on the steps to take to achieve a successful outcome for their case.
If you need help filing a disability claim, contact Wright & Wright today and request a free disability case evaluation.
Online Press Release Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: San Antonio, TX
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin
- Oodle Swings by Landscape Structures Recalled; 9 Reported Injuries
- CPSC: Edoche Children’s Spoon & Fork Sets Recalled for Choking Hazards
- NY State Trooper Killed in Semi Truck Crash on Thruway
- 30-Car Pile-Up on Gowanus Expressway Injures 8 In Brooklyn
- Yankee Candle Recalls Pine Berry Candle Ring for Fire Hazards
- Is There Help for BP Response Workers Who Can’t Afford Needed Medical Care?