Homeless woman found legally insane after train platform push
06/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – A jury found a Los Angeles homeless woman legally insane after delivering a guilty verdict for second-degree murder in connection with her pushing an elderly woman from a train platform. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jackkqueline Pogue was found guilty of second-degree murder Thursday in the case in which the jury determined she was legally insane at the time she pushed 84-year-old, Betty Sugyama to her death.
According to experts who testified during the sanity portion of her trial, Pogue heard voices, had delusions, and suffered from mental illness for the majority of her life. Pogue, 46, had reportedly been diagnosed with schizophrenia in her teens.
Pogue will reportedly likely be sent to a mental health treatment facility and held there for the duration of her sentence. A hearing has been set for July 8.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination