Homeless woman found legally insane after train platform push
06/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – A jury found a Los Angeles homeless woman legally insane after delivering a guilty verdict for second-degree murder in connection with her pushing an elderly woman from a train platform. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jackkqueline Pogue was found guilty of second-degree murder Thursday in the case in which the jury determined she was legally insane at the time she pushed 84-year-old, Betty Sugyama to her death.
According to experts who testified during the sanity portion of her trial, Pogue heard voices, had delusions, and suffered from mental illness for the majority of her life. Pogue, 46, had reportedly been diagnosed with schizophrenia in her teens.
Pogue will reportedly likely be sent to a mental health treatment facility and held there for the duration of her sentence. A hearing has been set for July 8.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident