Homeless woman found legally insane after train platform push
06/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – A jury found a Los Angeles homeless woman legally insane after delivering a guilty verdict for second-degree murder in connection with her pushing an elderly woman from a train platform. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jackkqueline Pogue was found guilty of second-degree murder Thursday in the case in which the jury determined she was legally insane at the time she pushed 84-year-old, Betty Sugyama to her death.
According to experts who testified during the sanity portion of her trial, Pogue heard voices, had delusions, and suffered from mental illness for the majority of her life. Pogue, 46, had reportedly been diagnosed with schizophrenia in her teens.
Pogue will reportedly likely be sent to a mental health treatment facility and held there for the duration of her sentence. A hearing has been set for July 8.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- High school students arrested waiting for school bus
- Vin Diesel among stars who pay visit to car crash site of late actor Walker
- Lawsuit filed by ACLU against US bishops over ethics guidelines
- Federal appeals court upholds contempt judgment against anarchist
- Governor urges parents to use money for campaign, not Christmas toys
- New Hawaii gay marriage law takes effect, several couples get licenses
- NH medical technician sentenced to 39 years over hepatitis infections
- Mother on board crashed plane in Alaska leads searchers to crash site
- Former BP engineer to go to trial on obstruction charges
- Mother and daughter killed in Amish buggy accident