Homeless woman found legally insane after train platform push
06/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – A jury found a Los Angeles homeless woman legally insane after delivering a guilty verdict for second-degree murder in connection with her pushing an elderly woman from a train platform. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jackkqueline Pogue was found guilty of second-degree murder Thursday in the case in which the jury determined she was legally insane at the time she pushed 84-year-old, Betty Sugyama to her death.
According to experts who testified during the sanity portion of her trial, Pogue heard voices, had delusions, and suffered from mental illness for the majority of her life. Pogue, 46, had reportedly been diagnosed with schizophrenia in her teens.
Pogue will reportedly likely be sent to a mental health treatment facility and held there for the duration of her sentence. A hearing has been set for July 8.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult
- ‘Modern Family’ actress dies at 55
- Padma Lakshmi splits from Richard Gere after months of dating
- Novelist apologizes for controversial remarks