Homeless woman found legally insane after train platform push
06/20/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – A jury found a Los Angeles homeless woman legally insane after delivering a guilty verdict for second-degree murder in connection with her pushing an elderly woman from a train platform. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Jackkqueline Pogue was found guilty of second-degree murder Thursday in the case in which the jury determined she was legally insane at the time she pushed 84-year-old, Betty Sugyama to her death.
According to experts who testified during the sanity portion of her trial, Pogue heard voices, had delusions, and suffered from mental illness for the majority of her life. Pogue, 46, had reportedly been diagnosed with schizophrenia in her teens.
Pogue will reportedly likely be sent to a mental health treatment facility and held there for the duration of her sentence. A hearing has been set for July 8.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick