Requesting Reconsideration for a Disability Claim That’s Been Denied
06/05/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
Many people have questions about how to begin the appeals process after their Social Security claim has been denied. The first step to take is to notify the Social Security Administration of their intention to appeal. Then, they will be sent the appropriate forms for starting the process. There are different levels of appeals, however, requesting a Social Security claim reconsideration is the first level of appeal in a majority of states after an applicant has received an initial claim denial.
Requesting a reconsideration can be done by filling out the required forms by hand and returning them to the SSA or submitting a request online. It is important to make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed and filed within the provided 60-day deadline to help ensure the best outcome for one’s case. The time frame for receiving a response for a reconsideration may vary; however, it can be helpful to call one’s local Social Security office to verify that all required paperwork has been received within two weeks after it has been sent.
Individuals who work with an attorney or Social Security advocate for their SSI or SSDI cases typically do not have to worry about tracking the status of a claim or beginning the appeals process. These steps are handled by those chosen to represent them, making the process easier.
Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm? is available to help those who need help filing a Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income claim. The firm’s advocates are experienced in helping eligible applicants obtain successful outcomes for their claims, including cases where an initial application needs to be filed and also at the various stages of filing an appeal. If you need Social Security Disability filing assistance, contact Wright & Wright today for a free case review.
Address: San Antonio, Texas
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- Sexual Harassment and the Office Holiday Party
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals