Requesting Reconsideration for a Disability Claim That’s Been Denied
06/05/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
Many people have questions about how to begin the appeals process after their Social Security claim has been denied. The first step to take is to notify the Social Security Administration of their intention to appeal. Then, they will be sent the appropriate forms for starting the process. There are different levels of appeals, however, requesting a Social Security claim reconsideration is the first level of appeal in a majority of states after an applicant has received an initial claim denial.
Requesting a reconsideration can be done by filling out the required forms by hand and returning them to the SSA or submitting a request online. It is important to make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed and filed within the provided 60-day deadline to help ensure the best outcome for one’s case. The time frame for receiving a response for a reconsideration may vary; however, it can be helpful to call one’s local Social Security office to verify that all required paperwork has been received within two weeks after it has been sent.
Individuals who work with an attorney or Social Security advocate for their SSI or SSDI cases typically do not have to worry about tracking the status of a claim or beginning the appeals process. These steps are handled by those chosen to represent them, making the process easier.
Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm? is available to help those who need help filing a Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income claim. The firm’s advocates are experienced in helping eligible applicants obtain successful outcomes for their claims, including cases where an initial application needs to be filed and also at the various stages of filing an appeal. If you need Social Security Disability filing assistance, contact Wright & Wright today for a free case review.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: San Antonio, Texas
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin