Requesting Reconsideration for a Disability Claim That’s Been Denied
06/05/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
Many people have questions about how to begin the appeals process after their Social Security claim has been denied. The first step to take is to notify the Social Security Administration of their intention to appeal. Then, they will be sent the appropriate forms for starting the process. There are different levels of appeals, however, requesting a Social Security claim reconsideration is the first level of appeal in a majority of states after an applicant has received an initial claim denial.
Requesting a reconsideration can be done by filling out the required forms by hand and returning them to the SSA or submitting a request online. It is important to make sure that all necessary paperwork is completed and filed within the provided 60-day deadline to help ensure the best outcome for one’s case. The time frame for receiving a response for a reconsideration may vary; however, it can be helpful to call one’s local Social Security office to verify that all required paperwork has been received within two weeks after it has been sent.
Individuals who work with an attorney or Social Security advocate for their SSI or SSDI cases typically do not have to worry about tracking the status of a claim or beginning the appeals process. These steps are handled by those chosen to represent them, making the process easier.
Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm? is available to help those who need help filing a Social Security Disability or Supplemental Security Income claim. The firm’s advocates are experienced in helping eligible applicants obtain successful outcomes for their claims, including cases where an initial application needs to be filed and also at the various stages of filing an appeal. If you need Social Security Disability filing assistance, contact Wright & Wright today for a free case review.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: San Antonio, Texas
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City