Erin Brockovich arrested in boating intoxication incident
06/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice New Flash // (press release)
Nevada – Environmental activist Erin Brockovich-Ellis was arrested Friday at a boat harbor outside of Boulder City after being accused of operating a boat while intoxicated. As reported by NBC 4 Southern California, Brockovich-Ellis, who now faces a DUI charge in connection with the incident, was arrested by a game warden who purported she exhibited signs of intoxication while attempting to dock her boat.
Edwin W. Lyngar, a spokesman with the Nevada wildlife department, says Brockovich-Ellis tested above the legal blood alcohol content limit.
Lyngar is quoted in the report as stating of an issue with alcohol boating accidents, “Boaters mistakenly think that boating and drinking go hand in hand…They certainly do not. If we could keep people sober while operating, we’d have much safer waterways.”
Brockovich, 52, was portrayed in the Oscar winning 2000 film “Erin Brockovich” by actress Julia Roberts.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Nevada legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Former Colorado police chief says JonBenet Ramsey case mishandled
- Giuliana Rancic makes apology after dreadlock comment controversy
- Apple emoji options to become more diverse
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples
- Supreme Court to hear Abercrombie ‘headscarf’ case
- Men pocket dial employer, revealing robbery
- Contesting the Right to Unemployment Benefits