Erin Brockovich arrested in boating intoxication incident
06/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice New Flash // (press release)
Nevada – Environmental activist Erin Brockovich-Ellis was arrested Friday at a boat harbor outside of Boulder City after being accused of operating a boat while intoxicated. As reported by NBC 4 Southern California, Brockovich-Ellis, who now faces a DUI charge in connection with the incident, was arrested by a game warden who purported she exhibited signs of intoxication while attempting to dock her boat.
Edwin W. Lyngar, a spokesman with the Nevada wildlife department, says Brockovich-Ellis tested above the legal blood alcohol content limit.
Lyngar is quoted in the report as stating of an issue with alcohol boating accidents, “Boaters mistakenly think that boating and drinking go hand in hand…They certainly do not. If we could keep people sober while operating, we’d have much safer waterways.”
Brockovich, 52, was portrayed in the Oscar winning 2000 film “Erin Brockovich” by actress Julia Roberts.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Nevada legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO