Erin Brockovich arrested in boating intoxication incident
06/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice New Flash // (press release)
Nevada – Environmental activist Erin Brockovich-Ellis was arrested Friday at a boat harbor outside of Boulder City after being accused of operating a boat while intoxicated. As reported by NBC 4 Southern California, Brockovich-Ellis, who now faces a DUI charge in connection with the incident, was arrested by a game warden who purported she exhibited signs of intoxication while attempting to dock her boat.
Edwin W. Lyngar, a spokesman with the Nevada wildlife department, says Brockovich-Ellis tested above the legal blood alcohol content limit.
Lyngar is quoted in the report as stating of an issue with alcohol boating accidents, “Boaters mistakenly think that boating and drinking go hand in hand…They certainly do not. If we could keep people sober while operating, we’d have much safer waterways.”
Brockovich, 52, was portrayed in the Oscar winning 2000 film “Erin Brockovich” by actress Julia Roberts.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Nevada legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns