Erin Brockovich arrested in boating intoxication incident
06/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice New Flash // (press release)
Nevada – Environmental activist Erin Brockovich-Ellis was arrested Friday at a boat harbor outside of Boulder City after being accused of operating a boat while intoxicated. As reported by NBC 4 Southern California, Brockovich-Ellis, who now faces a DUI charge in connection with the incident, was arrested by a game warden who purported she exhibited signs of intoxication while attempting to dock her boat.
Edwin W. Lyngar, a spokesman with the Nevada wildlife department, says Brockovich-Ellis tested above the legal blood alcohol content limit.
Lyngar is quoted in the report as stating of an issue with alcohol boating accidents, “Boaters mistakenly think that boating and drinking go hand in hand…They certainly do not. If we could keep people sober while operating, we’d have much safer waterways.”
Brockovich, 52, was portrayed in the Oscar winning 2000 film “Erin Brockovich” by actress Julia Roberts.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Nevada legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents
- Sony agrees to preliminary settlement in class action case
- Fruit sold at Trader Joe’s, Costco, Ralphs recalled over Listeria scare
- Gunman opens fire in Delaware hospital
- Teen has record number of teeth removed
- Lawyers say Arizona inmate gasped during botched execution
- Grammy winning singer’s son granted damages in privacy case