Zimmerman trial jury selection begins
06/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sanford, Florida – Jury selection began this week in the case of George Zimmerman, who stands accused of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. As reported by Reuters, the trial is expected to last four to eight weeks according to attorneys, with significant time anticipated to be spent on choosing an impartial jury despite the controversy surrounding the high profile case.
David Weinstein, a former state prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, is quoted by Reuters as stating of jury selection, “They’re going to have a tough time picking a jury. At this point who doesn’t know who Trayvon Martin is and who George Zimmerman is.”
Zimmerman, who had a confrontation with Martin in which Martin was killed last year, faces life in prison if convicted on second-degree murder charges.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick