Zimmerman trial jury selection begins
06/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sanford, Florida – Jury selection began this week in the case of George Zimmerman, who stands accused of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. As reported by Reuters, the trial is expected to last four to eight weeks according to attorneys, with significant time anticipated to be spent on choosing an impartial jury despite the controversy surrounding the high profile case.
David Weinstein, a former state prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, is quoted by Reuters as stating of jury selection, “They’re going to have a tough time picking a jury. At this point who doesn’t know who Trayvon Martin is and who George Zimmerman is.”
Zimmerman, who had a confrontation with Martin in which Martin was killed last year, faces life in prison if convicted on second-degree murder charges.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Ryan O’Neal says Farrah Fawcett Warhol portrait belongs to him
- Chicago pension crisis a growing concern
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say