Zimmerman trial jury selection begins
06/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sanford, Florida – Jury selection began this week in the case of George Zimmerman, who stands accused of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. As reported by Reuters, the trial is expected to last four to eight weeks according to attorneys, with significant time anticipated to be spent on choosing an impartial jury despite the controversy surrounding the high profile case.
David Weinstein, a former state prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, is quoted by Reuters as stating of jury selection, “They’re going to have a tough time picking a jury. At this point who doesn’t know who Trayvon Martin is and who George Zimmerman is.”
Zimmerman, who had a confrontation with Martin in which Martin was killed last year, faces life in prison if convicted on second-degree murder charges.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams
- Ann Curry to part with NBC News
- Ellen DeGeneres responds to ‘Christian Post’ anti-gay article
- Tim Tebow helps sponsor proms for those with special needs