Zimmerman trial jury selection begins
06/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Sanford, Florida – Jury selection began this week in the case of George Zimmerman, who stands accused of murder in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. As reported by Reuters, the trial is expected to last four to eight weeks according to attorneys, with significant time anticipated to be spent on choosing an impartial jury despite the controversy surrounding the high profile case.
David Weinstein, a former state prosecutor and criminal defense lawyer, is quoted by Reuters as stating of jury selection, “They’re going to have a tough time picking a jury. At this point who doesn’t know who Trayvon Martin is and who George Zimmerman is.”
Zimmerman, who had a confrontation with Martin in which Martin was killed last year, faces life in prison if convicted on second-degree murder charges.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Actress breaks down discussing parents’ deportation in interview
- Sister of Sharon Tate calls Charles Manson wedding ‘insane’
- Don Lemon offers apology to Cosby rape accuser
- Dean McDermott claims relationship with Spelling improving
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss