Hobby Lobby seeks birth control exemption from health law
05/23/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Denver – Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. is seeking an exemption from being required to offer access to the morning after pill in health care coverage for employees. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the arts-and-crafts chain, which is based in Oklahoma City has requested that a federal appeals court grant the exemption citing businesses should be allowed to be excluded from that provision if it is violation of their religious beliefs.
Susan Polan, associate executive director of the American Public Health Association, is quoted by the AP as stating of the case, “We’re talking about women’s access to reproductive health. That should be a decision between a patient and her health care provider, not a patient and her employer.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Denver legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father