How Common Are Medical Misdiagnoses?
05/15/2013 // New York Injury Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C. Reiter // (press release)
According to research medical misdiagnosis occur at a higher rate than drug errors or wrong-site surgery. Statistics place the number of fatal medical misdiagnoses as nearly equal to the number of deaths from breast cancer, amounting to more than an estimated 40,000 deaths each year. Several factors contribute to the fact that medical misdiagnoses are far more common than many would expect, and there is growing concern about the impact this issue has on the health care system.
The complexity of many medical procedures, time pressures experienced by physicians and medical personnel, and the high number of patients seen by medical practitioners, are all issues within the healthcare system that contribute to problems such as misdiagnoses or delayed diagnoses of serious health conditions for patients.
Many diagnostic errors are not detected until years after a patient is misdiagnosed, often when it is too late. Furthermore, some doctors are never made aware that they made a mistake because patients choose to seek medical care elsewhere, patients themselves are not aware that the misdiagnosis was the cause of additional health problems, or patients may choose not to take legal action regardless of whether they are aware of the misdiagnosis.
The Law Firm of Jonathan C. Reiter is available for those who have been injured as a result of a New York medical misdiagnosis and have questions about their rights under the law. The firm can provide a free case evaluation for those who contact them about a prospective New York medical malpractice claim.
Individuals can contact the firm today with questions about their legal rights concerning any type of New York medical malpractice matter.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: New York City
Url: New York Injury Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce
- Ron Bell Injury Lawyers discusses Bullying in our schools
- Tom Gould Joins International Trade Law Firm Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg
- Pittsburgh DUI Lawyer George Heym announces that he will now accept Bitcoin