Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
05/17/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – The ex-boyfriend of Amanda Knox spoke publicly about their ordeal in being accused in the 2007 death of Knox’s roommate and jailed for four years before they were acquitted in 2011. As reported by NBC’s TODAY, Raffaele Sollecito has written a new book “Honor Bound: My Journey to Hell and Back with Amanda Knox” and stated in a recent interview that he does not fear that he will be sent back to jail.
Sollecito is quoted in the report as stating in the interview, “I’m innocent, and we got evidence of our innocence, so we will fight until the end without any worry.”
Sollecito further stated when being asked about the pressure he faced to implicate Knox in the case, “(Amanda) told me that she thinks that I’m a kind of hero, but I don’t feel so… And I don’t need any kind of gratitude… I did it because I know it’s the truth. It’s the good thing to do. It’s the only way for me.”
Italy’s highest court overturned the lower court’s decision to acquit the two former exchange students two months ago. A new trial has been ordered to begin within the next year.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Witness testifies debt may force Sterling to sell team
- Missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines flight detected by U.S.
- Hospital agrees to $190 million settlement in secret patient recording case
- Boston Marathon suspect’s friend convicted on obstruction charges
- Iraqi Christians ordered by Islamic State to convert
- Missing Marine wife may have been shot, warrant suggests
- Rain halts exhumation of bodies of teenage girls allegedly raped
- Attorneys for restaurant say former mayor should disclose medical details
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate