What Role Does My Age Play in Receiving Social Security Disability?
04/12/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
One of the most common questions people have about eligibility for Social Security Disability benefits is whether they are too old or too young. Although age is a factor considered by the Social Security Administration in approving or denying benefits, being “too old” or “too young” is not the criteria where age is used to determine one’s ability to receive payments. Age is considered along with other factors such as one’s educational background and work experience to determine what benefits a person is eligible to receive.
Applicants may be grouped by their age and other factors to determine their “residual functional capacity” or the level of work they may be able to perform. Those at younger ages may be deemed able to perform at a higher capacity despite physical limitations that may be caused by a disability, depending on the severity and nature of their condition. Those in the younger age categories may also be able to receive additional training or education that would allow them to still perform certain types of work or find employment, even when their disability is considered.
For older individuals their advancing age may make it easier to receive approval because of the limitations on what they can be expected to be able to take on with a disability. The expectation of additional training or the ability to still physically function at a certain capacity may not be feasible for applicants who are older.
The advocates of Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm? can help those with questions about their eligibility for Social Security get the answers they need. Individuals may contact the firm today to request a free case evaluation or arrange for a consultation to speak with an expert.
Online Press Release Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: San Antonio, Texas
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- Ron Bell Wants You to Know About Diabetes Risk and Lipitor
- Ron Bell is Concerned About Yaz Birth Control and Cardiac Risk
- Are You A Victim of Wage Theft Asks California wage and hour lawyer Eric Grover
- U.S. Customs May Be Ramping Up U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Verifications
- What do you do if you get in an accident? Ron Bell has your back.
- First Hispanic-American to receive the FBA’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- EU Shrinks Tax on Made in U.S. Jeans
- What Every Potential Whistleblower Needs to Know: Building a Timeline
- NYC Dominos Settles Wage Theft Lawsuit for $1.3M
- KA Gilbert Law To Offer Free Consultation Services for Collaborative Divorce