Sentencing set for Craigslist murder case in Ohio
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Akron, Ohio – Sentencing has been scheduled in the murder case of a man accused of luring three men he killed with Craigslist ads. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Richard Beasley, 53, described as a self-styled street preacher, was convicted last week in the killings and a jury recommended that he be sentenced to the death penalty.
Beasley’s sentencing has been set for Tuesday by Judge Lynne Callahan. The judge has the option of sentencing him to life in prison as opposed to giving him the death penalty.
Brogan Rafferty was a co-defendant in the case, and was sentenced to life without parole last year. He was 16 when the crimes were committed in 2011.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Ohio legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media
- Teen writes letter rejecting university’s admission rejection
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash