Sentencing set for Craigslist murder case in Ohio
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Akron, Ohio – Sentencing has been scheduled in the murder case of a man accused of luring three men he killed with Craigslist ads. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Richard Beasley, 53, described as a self-styled street preacher, was convicted last week in the killings and a jury recommended that he be sentenced to the death penalty.
Beasley’s sentencing has been set for Tuesday by Judge Lynne Callahan. The judge has the option of sentencing him to life in prison as opposed to giving him the death penalty.
Brogan Rafferty was a co-defendant in the case, and was sentenced to life without parole last year. He was 16 when the crimes were committed in 2011.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Ohio legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Former OPD chief testifies in gender-discrimination lawsuit
- Mariska Hartigay praises funding for rape kit testing
- Lyft allows employers to pick up tab for employee rides
- Agreement reached between Amazon and Hachette
- Woman claims singer’s voice gives her seizures
- Window washers saved after dangling from One World Trade Center
- Age of mother affects child’s performance at school
- Pilot error linked to fatal East Haven crash
- Lewy body dementia reportedly contributed to Robin Williams’ suicide
- Eminem makes threats to singer in new rap