Sentencing set for Craigslist murder case in Ohio
03/25/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Akron, Ohio – Sentencing has been scheduled in the murder case of a man accused of luring three men he killed with Craigslist ads. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Richard Beasley, 53, described as a self-styled street preacher, was convicted last week in the killings and a jury recommended that he be sentenced to the death penalty.
Beasley’s sentencing has been set for Tuesday by Judge Lynne Callahan. The judge has the option of sentencing him to life in prison as opposed to giving him the death penalty.
Brogan Rafferty was a co-defendant in the case, and was sentenced to life without parole last year. He was 16 when the crimes were committed in 2011.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Ohio legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned
- Ferguson protestors seek removal of prosecutor investigating shooting
- New debate over history books in Texas classrooms
- Singer’s bodyguard accused of beating up cadet
- Tony Stewart case to be referred to grand jury