Cat food lines recalled in 25 states due to thiamine deficiency
03/13/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
US – A voluntary recall has been issued for Diamond Pet Foods cat food lines in 25 states. As reported by WTVR.com, limited production codes of several of the company’s products have been recalled due to a purported thiamine (B1) deficiency.
A complete list of the recalled products can be viewed by visiting http://petfoodinformationcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/PE-DN-4health-Thiamine-Recall-Release-3.10.13.pdf.
Michele Evans, Ph.D., Diamond Pet Foods Executive Director of Food Safety and Quality Assurance, is quoted in the report as stating, “At Diamond Pet Foods, we have a process where we continuously test our products, and this process allowed us to find the undesired levels of thiamine in some of our cat formulas. Our food safety protocols are designed to provide safe food on a daily basis… In the event an error occurs, we have the data to quickly alert pet owners, giving them the confidence they demand of a pet food manufacturer.”
More information about the pet food recall may be obtained by visiting http://petfoodinformationcenter.com/.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in product liability news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.
- Man receives 4-year sentence in death of Usher’s stepson
- Trainer pleads guilty in violent Jewish divorce plot
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father