Youth Snorkeling Masks by U.S. Divers & Aqua Lung Sport Brand Recalled
03/14/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — U.S. Divers and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have voluntarily recalled Santa Cruz Jr. Youth Snorkeling Masks because of laceration hazards and injury risks the defective product poses to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on March 7, 2013.
The U.S. Divers and Aqua Lung Sport Brand Youth Snorkeling Masks were recalled after discovering that the notches in the tempered glass can cause the lens to break under certain water pressure, which poses a laceration hazard to the user.
“This recall involves Santa Cruz Jr. single paned, tempered glass youth snorkeling masks sold under the U.S. Divers and Aqua Lung Sport brands. The masks were sold individually, with a snorkel or as a set with snorkel and fins. The U.S. Divers logo or Aqua Lung Sport logo is on the top of the mask as well as inset on the tempered glass lens. The tempered glass lens is also labeled as tempered. This recall affects all Santa Cruz Jr. Youth Masks manufactured before October 2011. Masks manufactured before October 2011 do not have a production code on the edge of the frame, near the nose pocket,” the CPSC reported.
At this time, there have been nine reports of the lens cracking or breaking, including three reports of the minor cuts and scratches to the face.
Consumers are advised to contact U.S. Divers for a replacement mask.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact U.S. Divers; toll-free at (888) 606-6162 anytime, or online at www.usdivers.com and click on “Recall Notice” for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- “Spouse” to Include Same-Sex Spouse Under FMLA
- Division of Workers’ Compensation, Explained by Dallas Employment Lawyer
- Injured Workers Suffer As ‘Reforms’ Limit Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- On Tort Reform, It’s Time to Declare Victory and Withdraw
- As a Lawyer Ted Cruz Defended Huge Jury Awards. As a Politician He Opposed Them
- The Demolition of Workers’ Comp
- LA Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer Scott Glovsky Receives California Lawyer Award
- Mugshot Removal: States Laws Making It Harder To Bail Out Of Google
- Dallas Non-Compete Lawyer: Three Critical (Mis)Assumptions
- New Year, New Look at Old Policies and Procedures