Husband of Gabrielle Giffords draws criticism for gun purchase
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Phoenix, Arizona – The husband of politician and shooting victim Gabrielle Giffords has sparked controversy over the purchase of an assault rifle in Arizona. As reported by Reuters, Giffords’ husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, says the purchase was meant to illustrate the need for gun control.
Kelly is quoted as writing in a post on his Facebook account, “Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet…We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.”
Several gun rights supporters referred to Kelly’s purchase as hypocritical, expressing criticism on social networks like Facebook.
Giffords and Kelly founded a lobbying group this year aimed at reducing gun violence.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Phoenix legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Suspect sought in alleged MH370 theft
- Four die in plane crash in Bahamas
- Judge refuses dismissal of lawsuits against cinema owner in Colorado shooting
- Settlements in Rail Runner case approach $8 million
- Lead counsel in GM ignition switch cases appointed by judge
- Sheriff’s deputy shoots teenage daughter believing she’s an intruder
- Man charged after video of him beating autistic teen goes viral
- Pope visits South Korea, meets with ferry disaster survivors
- Texas governor indicted by grand jury
- Ferguson teen killed in police shooting accused of being robbery suspect