Husband of Gabrielle Giffords draws criticism for gun purchase
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Phoenix, Arizona – The husband of politician and shooting victim Gabrielle Giffords has sparked controversy over the purchase of an assault rifle in Arizona. As reported by Reuters, Giffords’ husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, says the purchase was meant to illustrate the need for gun control.
Kelly is quoted as writing in a post on his Facebook account, “Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet…We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.”
Several gun rights supporters referred to Kelly’s purchase as hypocritical, expressing criticism on social networks like Facebook.
Giffords and Kelly founded a lobbying group this year aimed at reducing gun violence.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Phoenix legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Southwest Airlines grounds planes over inspection oversight
- Google puts ban on sexually explicit content on Blogger
- Linkedin settles password link lawsuit
- Guy Fieri serves as officiate of free wedding for gay couples
- Supreme Court to hear Abercrombie ‘headscarf’ case
- Men pocket dial employer, revealing robbery
- Contesting the Right to Unemployment Benefits
- Bill O’Reilly calls exaggerated report claims ‘smear campaign’
- Texas immigration attorney arrested for visa application forgery
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ star to receive award after comments about LBGT community