Husband of Gabrielle Giffords draws criticism for gun purchase
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Phoenix, Arizona – The husband of politician and shooting victim Gabrielle Giffords has sparked controversy over the purchase of an assault rifle in Arizona. As reported by Reuters, Giffords’ husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, says the purchase was meant to illustrate the need for gun control.
Kelly is quoted as writing in a post on his Facebook account, “Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet…We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.”
Several gun rights supporters referred to Kelly’s purchase as hypocritical, expressing criticism on social networks like Facebook.
Giffords and Kelly founded a lobbying group this year aimed at reducing gun violence.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Phoenix legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- New debate over history books in Texas classrooms
- Singer’s bodyguard accused of beating up cadet
- Tony Stewart case to be referred to grand jury
- Microsoft announces Mojang acquisition plans
- Louisiana Senator says “sloppy bookkeeping” caused travel expense mistakes
- New rules issued for reporting workplace deaths
- Business group not in favor of punitive damages ruling
- Sarah Palin places blame for rise of ISIS in Iraq on Obama policy
- Preorders for iPhone6 record setting
- Former wrestler dies in apparent suicide reports say