Husband of Gabrielle Giffords draws criticism for gun purchase
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Phoenix, Arizona – The husband of politician and shooting victim Gabrielle Giffords has sparked controversy over the purchase of an assault rifle in Arizona. As reported by Reuters, Giffords’ husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, says the purchase was meant to illustrate the need for gun control.
Kelly is quoted as writing in a post on his Facebook account, “Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet…We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.”
Several gun rights supporters referred to Kelly’s purchase as hypocritical, expressing criticism on social networks like Facebook.
Giffords and Kelly founded a lobbying group this year aimed at reducing gun violence.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Phoenix legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Painkiller overdose deaths may be decreased by medical marijuana laws
- Child accidently shoots instructor in head at shooting range
- Bill and Melinda Gates offer $1 million to gun control coalition
- Square introduces update that allows people to text money
- Netflix petitions against Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger
- Actor apologizes for arrest of son
- Study suggests weight loss more difficult for poor
- Navy nurse sent back to U.S. after refusing to force-feed hunger strikers
- Former Virginia governor to provide additional testimony in corruption trial
- Trial opens for woman accused of kidnapping, assaulting child