Husband of Gabrielle Giffords draws criticism for gun purchase
03/12/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Phoenix, Arizona – The husband of politician and shooting victim Gabrielle Giffords has sparked controversy over the purchase of an assault rifle in Arizona. As reported by Reuters, Giffords’ husband, former astronaut Mark Kelly, says the purchase was meant to illustrate the need for gun control.
Kelly is quoted as writing in a post on his Facebook account, “Scary to think of people buying guns like these without a background check at a gun show or the Internet…We really need to close the gun show and private seller loop hole.”
Several gun rights supporters referred to Kelly’s purchase as hypocritical, expressing criticism on social networks like Facebook.
Giffords and Kelly founded a lobbying group this year aimed at reducing gun violence.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Phoenix legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- 700 workers to lose jobs at Ford due to slow sales
- Google accused of age discrimination in lawsuit
- Appeals court hears arguments in Obama immigration fight
- Christy Mack discusses alleged brutal attack by MMA fighter
- Police seek utility records after family of 8 poisoned by carbon monoxide
- Drummer in iconic band dies in car crash in Georgia
- Houston Big Rig Accidents Linked to Tire Blowouts Caused by Speeding
- Judge rules Advanced Micro Devices must face lawsuit
- Vanilla Ice must perform community service as part of plea deal
- Judge approves woman’s request to serve divorce papers via social media