Republican lawmaker backs granting children of illegal immigrants citizenship
02/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Representative Eric Cantor recently indicated he would support granting children of illegal immigrants citizenship if they are in the country illegally. As reported by Reuters, Cantor, who is the No. 2 House of Representatives Republican, spoke on the issue on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Cantor, who opposed the idea when voting on the DREAM Act in 2010, is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the program, “The best place to begin, I think, is with the children. Let’s go ahead and get that under our belt, put a win on the board.”
Cantor is one of several Republicans purportedly working to improve the image of their party since dismal losses in the November election, which many party attribute to the party’s stance on immigration reform.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Airline releases new statement in Germanwings crash
- Driver follows GPS off of bridge, wife dies in crash
- Arizona governor signs law blocking Obamacare abortion coverage
- One person killed in collapse of bridge in Texas
- Kelly Ripa no longer in touch with Regis Philbin?
- Amanda Knox conviction overturned by Italian court
- Woman won’t face murder charges after cutting fetus from womb
- Texas Supreme Court Rules in Workers’ Compensation Matter
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens