Republican lawmaker backs granting children of illegal immigrants citizenship
02/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Representative Eric Cantor recently indicated he would support granting children of illegal immigrants citizenship if they are in the country illegally. As reported by Reuters, Cantor, who is the No. 2 House of Representatives Republican, spoke on the issue on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Cantor, who opposed the idea when voting on the DREAM Act in 2010, is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the program, “The best place to begin, I think, is with the children. Let’s go ahead and get that under our belt, put a win on the board.”
Cantor is one of several Republicans purportedly working to improve the image of their party since dismal losses in the November election, which many party attribute to the party’s stance on immigration reform.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Witness testifies debt may force Sterling to sell team
- Missile that brought down Malaysia Airlines flight detected by U.S.
- Hospital agrees to $190 million settlement in secret patient recording case
- Boston Marathon suspect’s friend convicted on obstruction charges
- Iraqi Christians ordered by Islamic State to convert
- Missing Marine wife may have been shot, warrant suggests
- Rain halts exhumation of bodies of teenage girls allegedly raped
- Attorneys for restaurant say former mayor should disclose medical details
- Many express confusion over Indiana bicycle laws
- Child migrant surge changes tone of immigration debate