Republican lawmaker backs granting children of illegal immigrants citizenship
02/11/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Representative Eric Cantor recently indicated he would support granting children of illegal immigrants citizenship if they are in the country illegally. As reported by Reuters, Cantor, who is the No. 2 House of Representatives Republican, spoke on the issue on Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”
Cantor, who opposed the idea when voting on the DREAM Act in 2010, is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the program, “The best place to begin, I think, is with the children. Let’s go ahead and get that under our belt, put a win on the board.”
Cantor is one of several Republicans purportedly working to improve the image of their party since dismal losses in the November election, which many party attribute to the party’s stance on immigration reform.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Michelle Bachman: Gay community has ‘intimidated politicians’
- House cat traps family in bedroom during rampage
- Joran van der Sloot extradition to U.S. planned for 2038
- Judge rules Texas man can be tried for childhood attack
- Man convicted in multiple killings awarded $500,000 in lawsuit
- Study finds surprising top predictor of divorce
- Sarah Palin on 2016 Presidential Run: ‘Never Say Never’
- American, JetBlue ticketing agreement to end
- Gambler files suit against Las Vegas casino after drunken $500,000 loss
- Legal expenses of man accused of Boston bombing cover-up to be paid by U.S.