Hudson River Rafting Guide Sentenced After Fatal Accident
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Indian Lake, NY — A whitewater rafting guide was sentenced to a year in Hamilton County jail and five years probation after he pleaded guilty to criminally negligent homicide when a passenger fell off his raft in a fatal accident last year, Poststar.com reports.
The drowning death of a rafter led Rory K. Fay, 37, of North Creek, to plead guilty to criminally negligent homicide, a felony, and misdemeanor counts of driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
On Sept. 27th, 55-year-old Tamara Blake of Columbus, Ohio, fell out of a whitewater raft and drowned while Fay was guiding the raft down the Indian River. Blake’s body was recovered five miles downstream in the Hudson River.
Blake was wearing a life vest and a helmet at the time.
Fay also fell out and left Blake’s boyfriend, Richard Clar, 53, of Columbus, Ohio, to guide the raft to shore.
Hamilton County Judge S. Peter Feldstein handed down a sentence of 6 months in jail and 5 years on probation for the felony count, with additional jail terms of one year and 6 months imposed for the lesser charges, to be served concurrently, Poststar.com reported.
Fay was given a DWI and AUO charges because he drove the Hudson River Rafting Co. vehicle to the Indian River put-in while under the influence and with a suspended driver’s license.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers Recalled For Fire Hazards
- Verde Electric Employee Injured After Falling From Bucket Truck in Rye Brook
- Response To Dr. Visco: You’re Right And You’re Wrong About Mesh Implants
- Life After Failing TVM Treatments is a Rollercoaster of Side Effects for Women
- Do Not Wait To File Your Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- What is the Best Advice for Those Who’ve Sustained a Burn Injury in an Accident?
- The Importance Of A Life Care Plan In Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury
- Help for Those Who’ve Suffered an Amputation Due to a Serious Accident Injury
- Louisville Slugger® OneX Fastpitch Softball Bat Recalled for Injury Hazards
- ‘There is Life After Divorce’: Divorce Lawyer Jeff Anderson Ties the Knot Again