Hudson River Rafting Guide Sentenced After Fatal Accident
02/08/2013 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Indian Lake, NY — A whitewater rafting guide was sentenced to a year in Hamilton County jail and five years probation after he pleaded guilty to criminally negligent homicide when a passenger fell off his raft in a fatal accident last year, Poststar.com reports.
The drowning death of a rafter led Rory K. Fay, 37, of North Creek, to plead guilty to criminally negligent homicide, a felony, and misdemeanor counts of driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
On Sept. 27th, 55-year-old Tamara Blake of Columbus, Ohio, fell out of a whitewater raft and drowned while Fay was guiding the raft down the Indian River. Blake’s body was recovered five miles downstream in the Hudson River.
Blake was wearing a life vest and a helmet at the time.
Fay also fell out and left Blake’s boyfriend, Richard Clar, 53, of Columbus, Ohio, to guide the raft to shore.
Hamilton County Judge S. Peter Feldstein handed down a sentence of 6 months in jail and 5 years on probation for the felony count, with additional jail terms of one year and 6 months imposed for the lesser charges, to be served concurrently, Poststar.com reported.
Fay was given a DWI and AUO charges because he drove the Hudson River Rafting Co. vehicle to the Indian River put-in while under the influence and with a suspended driver’s license.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York wrongful death lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Could Technology Have Prevented The Metro-North Commuter Train Derailment?
- Horse-Drawn Amish Buggy Hit By Truck in Northwestern PA; 2 Dead
- Ron Bell discusses the issues with the Blindspot
- Supplements Contained Undisclosed Steroids, Causing Severe Health Problems
- Wall Collapse at NY Construction Site Kills 1, Injures 2
- K2 Sports, CPSC Recalls Revo Kick Kickboards/Scooters for Fall Hazards
- Without a Life Care Plan, Injured Accident Victims May Fall Short
- Leaving a Medical Practice? Plan Your Exit Strategy.
- CPSC Recalls Burley Design Tailwind Racks for Trailercycles for Fall Risks
- 4 Hospitalized After Ferry Crash in Jersey City