Injured Due to An Unsafe Environment? New York Premises Liability Law Explained
01/21/2013 // New York City, New York, USA // New York City Accident Lawyer // Jonathan C Reiter // (press release)
A number of individuals who get injured in unsafe or poorly maintained environments may be unaware of their rights under New York premises liability law. Property owners and operators are obligated to reasonably maintain the safety of environments that visitors are allowed or encouraged to visit. Business establishments are a common example of entities that become involved in New York premises liability cases due to improperly maintained properties.
Individuals who have been involved in an accident such as a slip and fall or have been hit by a falling object have the right to pursue legal compensation for damages they may have incurred as a result. Uneven flooring, poor lighting, the presence of objects that pose a safety hazard in walk spaces, unsafe stairwells, slippery floors, and poor labeling or signage to warn individuals of potential safety hazards are a few common examples of causes of injury that may warrant a valid legal claim.
A New York premises liability lawyer can provide legal support for injured accident victims whose injuries are the results of the actions of a negligent New York property owner or operator. Individuals may be entitled to receive compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of income, and other damages incurred following an accident injury.
The New York premises liability attorneys of the law firm of Jonathan C. Reiter are available to assist New Yorkers who have been injured in a slip and fall or other premises liability related accident type. The firm’s attorneys can provide injured accident victims with a free consultation to discuss the merits of their case. Contact the New York personal injury law firm today.
Address: 350 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10118
Url: New York City Accident Lawyer
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick