Can I Receive Social Security Compensation as a Disabled Veteran?
02/05/2013 // Wright Disability Firm // Wright & Wright // (press release)
Many veterans of the United States Armed Forces are determined by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to have some type of disability linked to their active military service. Veterans disability benefits are available for qualifying veterans. A great number of these veterans may also be eligible to receive Social Security benefits, depending on whether they meet criteria outlined by the Social Security Administration.
The VA assigns ratings to veteran cases that indicate their determined level of disability. These ratings are illustrated in increments of 10%, with 100% meaning that a person has been deemed totally disabled. Some veterans have questions about whether being determined 100% disabled by the VA makes them automatically qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. The short answer is no. Although a ruling by the VA that one is disabled may be helpful in providing evidence to support their claim for Social Security Disability benefits, it does not warrant a guarantee that they will be approved.
Veterans who may have been given a 100% disability rating by the VA, but not approved for Social Security Disability benefits may seek help from a Social Security attorney or advocate if they feel their VA rating was not sufficiently taken into consideration by the administration in making its ruling.
The Social Security Disability advocates of Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm™ are available to help those seeking assistance with filing a claim for benefits or appealing one that has already been denied. Veterans and other individuals who may be need of this type of support may contact the firm today to request a free evaluation of their case.
Address: San Antonio, Texas
Phone: (888) 960-7734
Other News / Press Releases
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO
- Angelina Jolie undergoes more preventative surgery after double mastectomy
- Bethenny Frankel ex “exploring legal options” after interview
- David Crosby involved in pedestrian car crash in California
- Lawsuit filed against Twitter alleging gender discrimination
- Holly Madison details emotional struggle while at Playboy mansion in memoir
- Lara Spencer to divorce husband after 15 years
- Florida counties seek to raise awareness about Craigslist crimes
- ‘One Direction’ member quits tour amid scandal