Three injured in Texas community college shooting
01/22/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Houston – Three people were reportedly wounded in a shooting at a Texas community college. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the shooting occurred Tuesday at the Lone Star College System North Harris campus in Houston.
The school reportedly issued an alert on its website early Tuesday stating students and faculty should immediately take shelter or avoid the campus.
Stacy Neal, the sister of one of the people who was reportedly shot in the incident, is quoted by the AP as stating of her brother to KPRC-TV, “He was sitting in the study room. There (were) three people on the computer and a guy walked up the stairs and opened fire on him… They said it was just one guy that came in with a gun.”
The campus was evacuated and closed for the remainder of the day following the shooting.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Houston legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Poll suggests Florida voters support legalizing medical marijuana
- Jesse Ventura awarded $1.8 million in defamation lawsuit
- Manufacturer agrees to nearly $800 million preliminary fund for asbestos victims
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash