Man sentenced to 90 years in officer impersonation case
01/22/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Worth – A man was sentenced to 90 years in prison after impersonating a police officer while trying to solicit sex from a woman. As reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Raul Alvarez-Mijan, 62, was sentenced Friday for the crime which occurred in June of 2010.
Alvarez-Mijan is stated to have told the woman he would take her to jail if she refused to have sex with him. He was arrested after the woman called 911 and subsequently linked to a previous sexual assault in which he allegedly showed the victim a badge and gun.
Alvarez-Mijan was previously convicted of other assaults prior to his most recent conviction.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Lara Logan again hospitalized for complications from 2011 attack
- Mariel Hemingway forced to fight off famed director’s advances in her teens
- Chelsea Handler discusses past uncomfortable experience with with Bill Cosby
- Burglary suspects gives secret hiding place away on Snapchat
- Government contractor, daughter among American victims in French Alps crash
- Supreme Court rules pregnancy discrimination case can proceed
- Driver was recording video prior to crash that injured three teens
- 150 people killed in plane crash in French Alps
- Starbucks developing new media company with ‘social impact content’ focus
- Google names Ruth Porat new CFO