Man sentenced to 90 years in officer impersonation case
01/22/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Worth – A man was sentenced to 90 years in prison after impersonating a police officer while trying to solicit sex from a woman. As reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Raul Alvarez-Mijan, 62, was sentenced Friday for the crime which occurred in June of 2010.
Alvarez-Mijan is stated to have told the woman he would take her to jail if she refused to have sex with him. He was arrested after the woman called 911 and subsequently linked to a previous sexual assault in which he allegedly showed the victim a badge and gun.
Alvarez-Mijan was previously convicted of other assaults prior to his most recent conviction.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship
- Gospel singer claims voice ruined by McDonald’s sandwich, files lawsuit
- Lawsuit filed against Lindsay Lohan over leggings line
- Former IRS chief testifies at hearing on tea party targeting
- Famed homeless hitchhiker charged with murder
- Attorneys in untimely vaccine injury cases allowed to recover legal fees
- Rice contamination being investigated in China