Man sentenced to 90 years in officer impersonation case
01/22/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Worth – A man was sentenced to 90 years in prison after impersonating a police officer while trying to solicit sex from a woman. As reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Raul Alvarez-Mijan, 62, was sentenced Friday for the crime which occurred in June of 2010.
Alvarez-Mijan is stated to have told the woman he would take her to jail if she refused to have sex with him. He was arrested after the woman called 911 and subsequently linked to a previous sexual assault in which he allegedly showed the victim a badge and gun.
Alvarez-Mijan was previously convicted of other assaults prior to his most recent conviction.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Obama attends Mandela memorial in South Africa
- Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt admit to blowing through millions
- French breast implant maker receives jail sentence
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend seeks to have domestic violence charges dropped
- Lamar Odom gets probation in DUI plea deal
- Johnson & Johnson officials accused of destroying vaginal mesh files
- Snapchat files for restraining order over information disclosure
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle