Man sentenced to 90 years in officer impersonation case
01/22/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Worth – A man was sentenced to 90 years in prison after impersonating a police officer while trying to solicit sex from a woman. As reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Raul Alvarez-Mijan, 62, was sentenced Friday for the crime which occurred in June of 2010.
Alvarez-Mijan is stated to have told the woman he would take her to jail if she refused to have sex with him. He was arrested after the woman called 911 and subsequently linked to a previous sexual assault in which he allegedly showed the victim a badge and gun.
Alvarez-Mijan was previously convicted of other assaults prior to his most recent conviction.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Brother of Jamie-Lynn Sigler dies of brain hemorrhage
- Wal-mart truck driver requests delay in Tracy Morgan lawsuit
- LivingSocial announces launch of new merchant toolkit
- Sue Ann Hamm to appeal $1 billion divorce award
- First statement released by Bill Cosby’s attorney following rape accusations
- Kim Kardashian to make guest appearance on India’s Bigg Boss
- Wrongly accused man files lawsuit against Nancy Grace
- Kendall Jenner announced as new Estée Lauder Spokesperson
- Bill Cosby rape accuser questions why no one listened before
- Texas woman pleads guilty after murder and kidnapping