Man sentenced to 90 years in officer impersonation case
01/22/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Fort Worth – A man was sentenced to 90 years in prison after impersonating a police officer while trying to solicit sex from a woman. As reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Raul Alvarez-Mijan, 62, was sentenced Friday for the crime which occurred in June of 2010.
Alvarez-Mijan is stated to have told the woman he would take her to jail if she refused to have sex with him. He was arrested after the woman called 911 and subsequently linked to a previous sexual assault in which he allegedly showed the victim a badge and gun.
Alvarez-Mijan was previously convicted of other assaults prior to his most recent conviction.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Fort Worth legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick