Attorney seeks sentence reduction for child who shot neo-Nazi father
01/09/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Riverside, CA – A lawyer for a boy accused of killing his father at the age of 10 has cited abuse allegations in an effort to get related murder charges reduced. As reported by Reuters, attorneys battled in court Wednesday as the prosecutor in the case suggested the abuse allegations were a diversion.
The child, Joseph Hall, was 10-years-old when he reportedly shot his neo-Nazi father in 2011 with his own gun. Both sides concede the act was committed by Joseph, but have expressed differing views with regards to the abuse allegations.
Riverside County Deputy District Attorney Michael Soccio, is quoted in the report as stating during his closing remarks at the trial, “Joseph was not raised in the home described by the defense here… It doesn’t exist. It’s fiction, a smoke screen, a red herring.”
The judge in the case, who is hearing it without a jury, is expected to render a verdict next week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident