Man pleads guilty to hate crime charges after attacks
01/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Jackson, Mississippi – A Mississippi man has pleaded guilty to hate crime charges linked to purported racially motivated attacks. As reported by Reuters, Joseph Dominick, 21, was the sixth person to enter a guilty plea for charges stemming from the actions of a group of white males who routinely began attacking African-American victims in Jackson in the spring of last year.
James Craig Anderson was killed in one of the group’s outings, in which Dominick was purportedly not a part of, after being struck by a vehicle. Anderson had reportedly been assaulted by members of the group prior to being struck by the vehicle. The incident garnered national attention.
Daniel McMullen, FBI special agent in charge in Jackson, is quoted by Reuters as stating of the ongoing investigation in the case, “This behavior, which seeks to deprive others of their civil rights based on the color of their skin, cannot be tolerated.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Mississippi legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted