Man pleads guilty to hate crime charges after attacks
01/04/2013 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Jackson, Mississippi – A Mississippi man has pleaded guilty to hate crime charges linked to purported racially motivated attacks. As reported by Reuters, Joseph Dominick, 21, was the sixth person to enter a guilty plea for charges stemming from the actions of a group of white males who routinely began attacking African-American victims in Jackson in the spring of last year.
James Craig Anderson was killed in one of the group’s outings, in which Dominick was purportedly not a part of, after being struck by a vehicle. Anderson had reportedly been assaulted by members of the group prior to being struck by the vehicle. The incident garnered national attention.
Daniel McMullen, FBI special agent in charge in Jackson, is quoted by Reuters as stating of the ongoing investigation in the case, “This behavior, which seeks to deprive others of their civil rights based on the color of their skin, cannot be tolerated.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Mississippi legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Body of missing pregnant woman found in car
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her