Second NY subway push death of the month occurs
12/28/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York City – A man was fatally pushed in front of a New York subway train on Thursday. As reported by Good Morning America, authorities were searching for a woman who purportedly fled the scene after witnesses allege she pushed the unidentified man while he was standing on the platform.
The incident Thursday is the second to occur this month involving the death of someone killed after being pushed in front of an oncoming subway station train.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is quoted by the AP as stating on his weekly radio show in response to a question regarding the possible connection between the incident and an increase in mentally ill individuals on the city’s streets after the closing of several institutions over time, “The courts or the law have changed and said, no, you can’t do that unless they’re a danger to society. Our laws protect you.”
Authorities are still investigating the incident and the connection between the victim and the suspect.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate
- 11-year-old steals money from grandmother, attempts to take taxi to Florida
- Lawsuit filed against Tyra Banks over ‘Top Model’ prize
- Former “Beverly Hillbillies” star files lawsuit against CBS
- Man jailed after stealing piece of Paul Walker crash car
- Dr. Dre highest earning musician of the year