Second NY subway push death of the month occurs
12/28/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York City – A man was fatally pushed in front of a New York subway train on Thursday. As reported by Good Morning America, authorities were searching for a woman who purportedly fled the scene after witnesses allege she pushed the unidentified man while he was standing on the platform.
The incident Thursday is the second to occur this month involving the death of someone killed after being pushed in front of an oncoming subway station train.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is quoted by the AP as stating on his weekly radio show in response to a question regarding the possible connection between the incident and an increase in mentally ill individuals on the city’s streets after the closing of several institutions over time, “The courts or the law have changed and said, no, you can’t do that unless they’re a danger to society. Our laws protect you.”
Authorities are still investigating the incident and the connection between the victim and the suspect.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’