Fraternity members charged in student death
12/18/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Dekalb, Illinois – Multiple members of a Northern Illinois University fraternity have been charged in the hazing death of a student. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), 22 students were charged Monday in connection with the Nov. 2 death of 19-year-old David Bogenberger, who was found unresponsive at the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity house in DeKalb.
Toxicology reports showed a blood alcohol level five times higher than the legal limit at the time of Bogenberger’s death. His death was reportedly caused by cardiac arrhythmia with alcohol intoxication being a factor.
The DeKalb Police Department is quoted by the AP as saying of the case in a statement, “The event that night involved the pledges rotating between several rooms in the fraternity house, being asked a series of questions, and then being provided cups of vodka and other liquor to drink…This resulted in the pledges drinking a large quantity of alcohol in about a two-hour time period.”
Several other students have purportedly been accused of violating the university’s code of conduct and may face related school penalties.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Illinois legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Claims of glass crack pipe in Ashley Greene apartment fire false, source says
- ‘Welcome Back Kotter’ actress dies following breast cancer battle
- Pam Bondi requests stay not be lifted in same-sex marriage case
- Video embeds not a copyright violation, EU court says
- FBI arrests man for Gmail nude photo scam
- Russian weed company purchases Ebola.com
- Chuck Norris publicly gives support for Greg Abbott for Texas Governor
- Man gets arrested over ‘wet willy’
- Taylor Swift talks taking a dating pause
- Kendra Wilkinson expresses belief that husband was ‘set up’