Texas officer gives $100 bill with traffic citation
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Plano, Texas – A Texas police officer handed a driver $100 along with his citation during a traffic stop. As reported by The Lookout, the Plano officer, who chooses to remain anonymous, made the gesture after Hayden Carlo told him he could not afford to update the expired registrations for which he had been pulled over.
Carlo is quoted in the report as stating, “I said there’s no explanation for why I haven’t done it, except I don’t have the money. It was either feed my kids or get this registration done.”
Carlo, who further stated he cried after seeing the money along with the ticket, did subsequently get the registrations updated. His grandfather, Billy McIntire, commended the cop in a letter to the Police Department thereafter.
David Tilley, a spokesman for the Police Department, is quoted in the report as stating, “As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment
- Dawn Nguyen sentenced to jail time over fatal shooting spree
- Woman commits suicide by throwing self into crocodile pond
- Lolo Jones first to be eliminated from “Dancing with the Stars” current season
- Permit required for self-driving cars in California
- Nevada trucking company may be liable for millions in crash
- Idaho crash triggered after driver’s armpit hair burned