Texas officer gives $100 bill with traffic citation
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Plano, Texas – A Texas police officer handed a driver $100 along with his citation during a traffic stop. As reported by The Lookout, the Plano officer, who chooses to remain anonymous, made the gesture after Hayden Carlo told him he could not afford to update the expired registrations for which he had been pulled over.
Carlo is quoted in the report as stating, “I said there’s no explanation for why I haven’t done it, except I don’t have the money. It was either feed my kids or get this registration done.”
Carlo, who further stated he cried after seeing the money along with the ticket, did subsequently get the registrations updated. His grandfather, Billy McIntire, commended the cop in a letter to the Police Department thereafter.
David Tilley, a spokesman for the Police Department, is quoted in the report as stating, “As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Inmate released from jail days before scheduled life saving cancer surgery
- Gigantic Jesus portrait drawn with chalk on church lot
- Mayor arrested on drug cartel extortion charges
- Former priest convicted in sex abuse case
- White supremacist charged in shooting deaths at Jewish community sites
- North Dakota abortion law overturned by federal judge
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident