Texas officer gives $100 bill with traffic citation
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Plano, Texas – A Texas police officer handed a driver $100 along with his citation during a traffic stop. As reported by The Lookout, the Plano officer, who chooses to remain anonymous, made the gesture after Hayden Carlo told him he could not afford to update the expired registrations for which he had been pulled over.
Carlo is quoted in the report as stating, “I said there’s no explanation for why I haven’t done it, except I don’t have the money. It was either feed my kids or get this registration done.”
Carlo, who further stated he cried after seeing the money along with the ticket, did subsequently get the registrations updated. His grandfather, Billy McIntire, commended the cop in a letter to the Police Department thereafter.
David Tilley, a spokesman for the Police Department, is quoted in the report as stating, “As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Texas legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Cell phone app designed to detect how drunk people are
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick