Florida woman sentenced in family beating deaths
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – A Florida woman has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted in the deaths of her husband and mother-in-law. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the woman, Marcy Novak, was not at the sentencing on Monday after waiving her right to appear, and listened from an adjoining room, which was referred to as an “act of cowardice” by the judge.
Novak was accused of orchestrating the beating deaths of millionaire Ben Novack Jr. in New York and Bernice Novack in Florida, and convicted of hiring hit men who carried out the attacks in 2009.
Judge Kenneth Karas is quoted by the AP as stating during the court hearing, “Because of Ms. Novack’s greed and her selfishness and what she thought was her ability to manipulate other people, there are two innocent people — her husband and her mother in law — who are dead.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Calif. Case Raises Issue of Employee Privacy in Yum! Brands Employment Lawsuit
- Fighting Fraud in the Fog
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge