Florida woman sentenced in family beating deaths
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – A Florida woman has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted in the deaths of her husband and mother-in-law. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the woman, Marcy Novak, was not at the sentencing on Monday after waiving her right to appear, and listened from an adjoining room, which was referred to as an “act of cowardice” by the judge.
Novak was accused of orchestrating the beating deaths of millionaire Ben Novack Jr. in New York and Bernice Novack in Florida, and convicted of hiring hit men who carried out the attacks in 2009.
Judge Kenneth Karas is quoted by the AP as stating during the court hearing, “Because of Ms. Novack’s greed and her selfishness and what she thought was her ability to manipulate other people, there are two innocent people — her husband and her mother in law — who are dead.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father
- Measure allowing surprise inspections at abortions clinics advances in Arizona
- Major changes for SAT, first update in nearly a decade
- Maryville hospital nurses file intent to strike over labor practices
- Judge blocks Ecuadorean judgment collection against Chevron in U.S. courts