Florida woman sentenced in family beating deaths
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – A Florida woman has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted in the deaths of her husband and mother-in-law. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the woman, Marcy Novak, was not at the sentencing on Monday after waiving her right to appear, and listened from an adjoining room, which was referred to as an “act of cowardice” by the judge.
Novak was accused of orchestrating the beating deaths of millionaire Ben Novack Jr. in New York and Bernice Novack in Florida, and convicted of hiring hit men who carried out the attacks in 2009.
Judge Kenneth Karas is quoted by the AP as stating during the court hearing, “Because of Ms. Novack’s greed and her selfishness and what she thought was her ability to manipulate other people, there are two innocent people — her husband and her mother in law — who are dead.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing
- Actress dies after being struck by tree
- Royal couple expecting second child