Florida woman sentenced in family beating deaths
12/17/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – A Florida woman has been sentenced to life in prison after being convicted in the deaths of her husband and mother-in-law. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the woman, Marcy Novak, was not at the sentencing on Monday after waiving her right to appear, and listened from an adjoining room, which was referred to as an “act of cowardice” by the judge.
Novak was accused of orchestrating the beating deaths of millionaire Ben Novack Jr. in New York and Bernice Novack in Florida, and convicted of hiring hit men who carried out the attacks in 2009.
Judge Kenneth Karas is quoted by the AP as stating during the court hearing, “Because of Ms. Novack’s greed and her selfishness and what she thought was her ability to manipulate other people, there are two innocent people — her husband and her mother in law — who are dead.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Rose McGowan says “being sexualized” led to career change
- Cosby daughter, wife break silence about allegations against comedian
- Pennsylvania murder suspect found dead following manhunt
- 9-year-old driver crashes vehicle, two children killed
- Wal-Mart ordered to pay $188 million in employee lawsuit
- Jennifer Aniston discusses pressures to have children
- Colorado man sentenced to 80 years in murder of Sherry Arnold
- Beverly Johnson accuses Bill Cosby of having drugged her
- Kourtney Kardashian gives birth to third child with Scott Disick
- Google announces addition of new languages for Google Translate