Scaffolding Accident Kills 1, Leaves Another Dangling From Harness For Hours
12/07/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Eagleville, P.A. — One man was killed and another was left hanging from his harness for hours, after their scaffolding collapsed from underneath them at an empty water tower outside of Philadelphia. The fatal work-related accident occurred around 11 a.m. on Wednesday, December 4, 2012, the Washington Post reports.
According to officials, three employees of Corrosion Control Corporation were working inside the 100-foot-tall water tower when they experienced an apparent equipment malfunction.
One worker fell about 50 feet, while another only fell partway and was saved by his harness, which left him dangling there for hours.
The man who fell 50 feet was pronounced dead.
Responding emergency crews worked for over three hours to rescue the man hanging from his harness. Once freed, he was taken to the hospital for a medical evaluation.
The third worker was inside the tank on the ground level when the accident occurred. He was not injured.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the fatal workplace accident.
The identities of the men have been withheld at this time.
Legal news Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Pennsylvania workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Free Vaginal Mesh Webinar Offered: Registration Now Open
- Medicaid Fraud: A Business Model Whistleblowers Can Help End
- How Common Are Medical Misdiagnoses?
- 7 Students Injured in Burlington Township School Bus Accident
- Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers Recalled For Fire Hazards
- Verde Electric Employee Injured After Falling From Bucket Truck in Rye Brook
- Response To Dr. Visco: You’re Right And You’re Wrong About Mesh Implants
- Life After Failing TVM Treatments is a Rollercoaster of Side Effects for Women
- Do Not Wait To File Your Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- What is the Best Advice for Those Who’ve Sustained a Burn Injury in an Accident?