Scaffolding Accident Kills 1, Leaves Another Dangling From Harness For Hours
12/07/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
Eagleville, P.A. — One man was killed and another was left hanging from his harness for hours, after their scaffolding collapsed from underneath them at an empty water tower outside of Philadelphia. The fatal work-related accident occurred around 11 a.m. on Wednesday, December 4, 2012, the Washington Post reports.
According to officials, three employees of Corrosion Control Corporation were working inside the 100-foot-tall water tower when they experienced an apparent equipment malfunction.
One worker fell about 50 feet, while another only fell partway and was saved by his harness, which left him dangling there for hours.
The man who fell 50 feet was pronounced dead.
Responding emergency crews worked for over three hours to rescue the man hanging from his harness. Once freed, he was taken to the hospital for a medical evaluation.
The third worker was inside the tank on the ground level when the accident occurred. He was not injured.
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the fatal workplace accident.
The identities of the men have been withheld at this time.
Legal news Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for Pennsylvania workplace accident lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada
- Look Who’s Cookin’ In CT!