CPSC: Cybex Leg Presses Recalled for Injury Hazards
12/07/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y. — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Cybex International Inc. have voluntarily recalled about 430 leg presses because of a defect that can pose injury risks to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on December 6, 2012.
The leg press was recalled because weight platform locking mechanism can fail and the backrest can disengage during normal use, which poses a risk of injury to the consumer.
“This recall involves Cybex model 16110 plate-loaded leg presses used in commercial gyms. The leg presses have a metal frame, an adjustable backrest and can be ordered in a variety of colors. The name ‘Cybex’ is located on the outer left side of the upper frame. The Serial Number label can be found on the lower main frame near the floor and ranges from D072216110 through G091416110,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to stop using the leg press until you have ordered and installed the free repair kit.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Cybex International; toll-free at (888) 678-3846, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, by e-mail at [email protected] or online at www.cybexintl.com and click on Service & Support, then Service and then Recalls for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Tori Spelling severely burned at restaurant in LA
- Push made to make revenge porn punishable offense in UK
- Rapper arrested on drug charges
- Nine-year-old takes on Texas medical marijuana ban
- 65-year-old woman pregnant with quadruplets
- Court denies actress right to bring children back to U.S.
- Police officer charged in South Carolina in shooting of black motorist
- Florida teen charged with felony after hacking into school network
- Attorney for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev facing major challenge
- Gay teacher’s ousting from Omaha Catholic school may not be ordinance violation