CPSC: Cybex Leg Presses Recalled for Injury Hazards
12/07/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y. — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Cybex International Inc. have voluntarily recalled about 430 leg presses because of a defect that can pose injury risks to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on December 6, 2012.
The leg press was recalled because weight platform locking mechanism can fail and the backrest can disengage during normal use, which poses a risk of injury to the consumer.
“This recall involves Cybex model 16110 plate-loaded leg presses used in commercial gyms. The leg presses have a metal frame, an adjustable backrest and can be ordered in a variety of colors. The name ‘Cybex’ is located on the outer left side of the upper frame. The Serial Number label can be found on the lower main frame near the floor and ranges from D072216110 through G091416110,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to stop using the leg press until you have ordered and installed the free repair kit.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Cybex International; toll-free at (888) 678-3846, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, by e-mail at Recall16110@cybexintl.com or online at www.cybexintl.com and click on Service & Support, then Service and then Recalls for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- CEME Innovation Centre urges manufacturing SMEs to take control of IP rights
- Seek A Rational Comprehensive Treatment For Your Mesh Related Pain
- Bicyclist Hit and Killed by Cab in Brooklyn
- Two FBI Agents Killed in Training Accident off Virginia Beach
- Avon Recalls Microwave Popcorn Makers for Fire and Burn Hazards
- Free Vaginal Mesh Webinar Offered: Registration Now Open
- Medicaid Fraud: A Business Model Whistleblowers Can Help End
- How Common Are Medical Misdiagnoses?
- 7 Students Injured in Burlington Township School Bus Accident
- Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers Recalled For Fire Hazards