CPSC: Cybex Leg Presses Recalled for Injury Hazards
12/07/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, N.Y. — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Cybex International Inc. have voluntarily recalled about 430 leg presses because of a defect that can pose injury risks to consumers. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on December 6, 2012.
The leg press was recalled because weight platform locking mechanism can fail and the backrest can disengage during normal use, which poses a risk of injury to the consumer.
“This recall involves Cybex model 16110 plate-loaded leg presses used in commercial gyms. The leg presses have a metal frame, an adjustable backrest and can be ordered in a variety of colors. The name ‘Cybex’ is located on the outer left side of the upper frame. The Serial Number label can be found on the lower main frame near the floor and ranges from D072216110 through G091416110,” the CPSC reported.
Consumers are advised to stop using the leg press until you have ordered and installed the free repair kit.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Cybex International; toll-free at (888) 678-3846, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, by e-mail at [email protected] or online at www.cybexintl.com and click on Service & Support, then Service and then Recalls for more information.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for New York product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured
- Pile-Ups on Pennsylvania Turnpike Sends At Least 30 To Hospitals
- IKEA Junior Beds Recalled For Laceration Hazards By CPSC, Health Canada