CPSC Recall: LG, Kenmore Gas Dryers Sold at Sears Pose Fire Hazards
08/28/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and LG Electronics have voluntarily recalled LG Electronics and Kenmore Elite® Gas Dryers for fire hazards. The CPSC announced the nationwide product recall on August 21, 2012.
The dryers were recalled after discovering that the gas valve on the dryers can fail to shut off, which will continue to heat the dryer and its contents after the drying cycle is completed. The high temperatures inside and on the exterior of the dryers can scorch the drum, as well as burn or damage the dryer contents, which poses a burn, fire and smoke inhalation hazard.
“LG Electronics and Sears’ Kenmore Elite brand gas dryers come in the following colors: LG models in white; Kenmore Elite® in red, white and ginger (gold). Model and serial numbers can be found on a label fixed to the front of the dryer above the opened door, which can be viewed only when the dryer door is open. To confirm if your dryer is part of this recall, identify both model and serial numbers, since not all dryers with the listed models are recalled,” CPSC reported.
The full list of brands, model numbers and serial numbers of the recalled dryers can be found at: http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12251.html?tab=recalls
Consumers are advised to contact LG customer service to for a free gas valve replacement. Customers who purchased Kenmore or LG brand dryers from Sears should contact Sears’ customer service to schedule a free repair to replace the gas valve.
For more information concerning the product recall, consumers can contact Sears toll-free at (888) 375-9741 between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, and between 7:00 A.M. and 6:00 P.M. Saturday, or visit the firm’s website at www.sears.com.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley- Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- Toro® Z Master® Riding Mowers Recalled For Fire Hazards
- Verde Electric Employee Injured After Falling From Bucket Truck in Rye Brook
- Response To Dr. Visco: You’re Right And You’re Wrong About Mesh Implants
- Life After Failing TVM Treatments is a Rollercoaster of Side Effects for Women
- Do Not Wait To File Your Transvaginal Mesh Lawsuit
- What is the Best Advice for Those Who’ve Sustained a Burn Injury in an Accident?
- The Importance Of A Life Care Plan In Pediatric Spinal Cord Injury
- Help for Those Who’ve Suffered an Amputation Due to a Serious Accident Injury
- Louisville Slugger® OneX Fastpitch Softball Bat Recalled for Injury Hazards
- ‘There is Life After Divorce’: Divorce Lawyer Jeff Anderson Ties the Knot Again