CPSC Recall: Bumbo Baby Seats Recalled Over Serious Injury Risks
08/22/2012 // WPB, FL, USA // Injury Lawyers News // Nicole Howley // (press release)
New York, NY — The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Bumbo International Trust recalled about 4 million Bumbo baby seats for fall hazards posed to young children. The CPSC announced the nationwide recall on August 15, 2012.
The recall was issued after discovering that babies can maneuver out of or fall from the Bumbo seat, which poses a risk of serious injuries.
“The bottom of the Bumbo seat is round and flat with a diameter of about 15 inches. It is constructed of a single piece of molded foam and comes in various colors. The seat has leg holes and the seat back wraps completely around the child. On the front of the seat in raised lettering is the word ‘Bumbo’ with the image of an elephant on top. The bottom of the seat has the following words: ‘Manufactured by Bumbo South Africa Material: Polyurethane World Patent No. PCT: ZA/1999/00030.’ The back of the seat has several warnings and seats manufactured since 2008 have an additional label on the front of the seat warning against use on raised surfaces, the CPSC reports.
Consumers are advised to stop using the product until they order and install a free repair kit, which includes: a restraint belt with a warning label, installation instructions, safe use instructions and a new warning sticker.
To order the free repair kit, consumers can visit www.recall.BumboUSA.com or calling (866) 898-4999 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. CT Monday through Thursday and between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. CT on Friday.
Legal News Reporter: Nicole Howley-Legal news for product liability lawyers.
Online Personal Injury Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Url: West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer News
Other News / Press Releases
- San Francisco California Consumer Protection Lawyer Discusses Airbag Recalls
- Sexual Harassment and the Office Holiday Party
- Exempt Income in Bankruptcy Cases Expanded
- Privatizing the Attorney Grievance Process: Startup Disrupts the Legal Industry
- City Bus Hits and Kills East Harlem Man in Manhattan
- Brooklyn Car Wash Worker Killed In ‘Freak Accident’
- Steel Beam Crashes Through Semi-Truck Cab, Kills Driver in Pennington
- Broken Finger, Amputation and Injuries Prompt Britax Stroller Recall
- Cement Truck Slams Into Bronx Residential Building; 1 Dead, 4 Injured
- Loose Tractor-Trailer Rim Causes Accident on NJ Turnpike; 1 Seriously Injured