Anti-crime program gets jump-start in Shreveport
09/12/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Shreveport, Louisiana – An anti-crime program aimed at reducing crime in Shreveport was jump-started this week. As reported by KSLA, the TBONE or “Taking Back Our Neighborhood Everyday” program was implemented on Wednesday with changes from previous years, including a more aggressive approach in cleaning up neighborhoods.
Crews conducting property sweeps reportedly found trash, inoperable cars, and other items for cleanup.
Cpl Robert Elliott is quoted by KSLA as stating of the program, “Part of it is to clean up blight in the neighborhoods but it’s also to prevent from the criminal element from having a place to go and hide.”
This is the fifth year of implementation of the program.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Louisiana criminal law news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony