Lufthansa flight attendants walk off the job
09/04/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Berlin – Lufthansa flight attendants at three major airports in Germany went on strike Tuesday, walking off the job as thousands of passengers were left stranded amid the labor dispute. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the walkouts occurred at airports in Berlin, Munich, and Frankfurt after the UFO union called for the strike Friday following purported months of talks regarding the dispute involving Lufthansa’s cost-cutting plan.
Due to the strike, the airline cancelled approximately 350 flights on Tuesday.
Juergen Pieper, an analyst with Bankhaus Metzler, is quoted by the AP as stating of the losses for the airline in relation to the strike, “It is not yet a big deal, but it would be a different matter if it went on for days with the entire business shut down… Then there would certainly be an effect on quarterly earnings.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Parade float driver thought train was stationary prior to crash
- Texas closer to requiring drug tests for applicants for unemployment benefits
- Jury deadlocked in Jodi Arias case over death penalty
- Illinois attorney sues defense attorney for distributing photos
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship
- Gospel singer claims voice ruined by McDonald’s sandwich, files lawsuit
- Lawsuit filed against Lindsay Lohan over leggings line
- Former IRS chief testifies at hearing on tea party targeting
- Famed homeless hitchhiker charged with murder