Defective toilet causes multiple injuries, lawsuit alleges
08/31/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
California – A toilet deemed defective in a lawsuit has allegedly caused multiple injuries. As reported by No TrackBacks, the lawsuit is seeking $5 million in damages from the manufacturers of the Flushmate III due to purported explosion hazards.
Reported injuries stated to be caused by the toilet include those sustained by a man who says his toilet exploded unexpectedly while he was sitting on it. The man is quoted as reporting to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, “I required dozens of stitches for an extremely deep wound because of the exploding porcelain.”
A recall on the Flushmate toilets was implemented by the CPSC in June.
The lawsuit, which was filed by a California law firm in August, is seeking class action status.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California product liability news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Famed homeless hitchhiker charged with murder
- Attorneys in untimely vaccine injury cases allowed to recover legal fees
- Rice contamination being investigated in China
- Supreme Court upholds FCC rule in cellphone tower case
- CT MTA Train Derails, Collides With 2nd Train, 70 Injured
- Government Intervention In A False Claims Act Case From Pill Popping to Pushing
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal