Woman attempts to steal a newborn from California hospital
08/07/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Garden Grove, CA – A woman tried to steal a newborn baby from a California hospital, carrying the child in a tote bag. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Grisel Ramirez, 48, was arrested after attempting to steal the baby from the Garden Grove Medical Center.
As noted in the report, a person on the hospital staff stopped Ramirez, who had disguised herself in scrubs purportedly posing as a nurse, from leaving with the child after a sensor alerted staff that the child had been removed from the ward.
Investigators have reportedly not yet determined why Ramirez was trying to take the newborn, but concluded she was the person who raised the suspicions of authorities after questioning a pregnant woman at an Anaheim hospital last week.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in California criminal law news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony