Distracted walking a growing safety concern
07/30/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Washington – Government and safety officials are expressing a growing concern over issues with pedestrians engaging in distracted walking. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), many are seeking to bring attention to the issue, which is stated to not be as widely talked about as driving while being distracted by the use of things such as mobile devices, but it is deemed a serious matter nonetheless.
As noted in the report, the issue of distracted walking has led to a significant increase over the past few years in the number of related emergency room visits for injuries sustained in accidents that may be linked to pedestrian distractions.
Jack Nasar, an Ohio State University professor and expert on environmental psychology, is quoted by the AP as stating of the issue, “I see students as soon as they break from a class, they have their cellphones out and they’re texting to one another. They’re walking through the door and bumping into one another… People think they can do it, that they are somehow better.”
Several officials are developing campaigns to raise awareness about distracted walking dangers and promote education on safer habits.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Washington personal injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge
- Three left dead after violent Pico Rivera crash
- Media mogul Rupert Murdoch, wife to divorce