Driver charged with murder after fatal crash
07/18/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Riverhead, N.Y. – A man has been charged with murder following a fatal crash in which a recent high school graduate was killed. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), Michael Grasing, 31, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to the charge stemming from the death of 18-year-old Brittney Walsh. He has also been charged on several other counts including aggravated vehicular homicide and reckless driving.
Walsh passed away June 24 after Grasing, who was allegedly intoxicated at the time of the crash, hit her vehicle after running two red lights.
Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota is quoted by the AP as stating of the incident, “Brittney Walsh never had a chance…Grasing clearly had a total disregard for the value of any human life.”
If convicted of murder, Grasing faces 25 years to life in imprisonment.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York accident news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Calif. Case Raises Issue of Employee Privacy in Yum! Brands Employment Lawsuit
- Fighting Fraud in the Fog
- NYPD sued by civil rights groups over Muslim spying programs
- Bad eyesight likely contributor in fiery Oklahoma train crash
- Girl with special needs kicked out of theater for “humming”
- Suspect in custody after New Jersey restaurant shooting
- Supreme Court votes to allow ‘pay-for-delay’ generic drug deal challenges
- Allen Iverson ex-wife claims he’s kidnapped their children
- Former NFL player released from prison
- California prison airborne fungus case being considered by judge