Fatal train crash claims multiple lives in South Africa
07/16/2012 // West Palm Beach , Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Johannesburg – A train crash in South Africa has resulted in the deaths of at least 26 people, and left several others injured. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the fatal crash occurred Friday when a cargo train collided with a truck.
The driver of the truck, which was carrying approximately 50 farm workers, was reportedly arrested following the accident.
Gary Ronald, a spokesman for the Automobile Association of South Africa, is quoted by the AP as stating of the high number of fatalities linked to traffic accidents in the country, “South Africa is getting further and further away from a resolution for road safety…For most South Africans there are no consequences for breaking the law.”
A reported estimate of approximately one million crashes are said to occur in South Africa each year.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in world accident injury news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony