Cruise and Holmes to divorce
06/29/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNewsFlash // Justice News Flash // (press release)
New York – Hollywood couple Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have called it quits. As reported by the Associated Press (AP), the pair, who have one child together, are divorcing after being married for five years.
Jonathan Wolfe, an attorney for Holmes, is quoted by the AP as stating of the impending divorce on Friday, “This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family… Katie’s primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter’s best interest.”
Cruise, 44, and Holmes, 33, wed in Italy in 2006. The couple have a six-year-old daughter, Suri.
A representative for Cruise, Amanda Lundberg, is quoted as stating to the Associated Press regarding the divorce announcement, “Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children… Please allow them their privacy to work this out.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in New York divorce law news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Other News / Press Releases
- Abortion ban law blocked by federal judge
- Testimony in Arias trial brings jurors to tears
- Group of sheriffs file lawsuit to block gun control measures
- Amanda Knox ex speaks out about ordeal
- Chef killed over noodle meal
- Age discrimination lawsuit against law firm settled
- Woman faces child abuse charges after trying to give baby away
- SC, hospital sued over child’s sex assignment surgery
- UK casino accuses poker star of amassing millions by cheating
- Donald Trump finishes Chicago trial testimony