Zimmerman’s wife arrested on perjury charges
06/15/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Florida – The wife of George Zimmerman, the man who was charged in the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, has been charged with perjury. As reported by The Huffington Post, Shellie Zimmerman was arrested Tuesday in connection with false claims allegedly being made about the family’s finances during a previous bond hearing.
Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda is quoted in the report as stating during a subsequent bond hearing after it had been revealed that $200,000 had been collected through a website in efforts to raise money for George Zimmerman’s defense, “This court was led to believe they didn’t have a single penny…It was misleading, and I don’t know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie.”
Shellie Zimmerman has reportedly posted bond since her arrest.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Florida legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Before False Claims Act Liability for Fraud: How Medicare Is Supposed to Work
- Florida teenager facing criminal charges over same-sex relationship
- Gospel singer claims voice ruined by McDonald’s sandwich, files lawsuit
- Lawsuit filed against Lindsay Lohan over leggings line
- Former IRS chief testifies at hearing on tea party targeting
- Famed homeless hitchhiker charged with murder
- Attorneys in untimely vaccine injury cases allowed to recover legal fees
- Rice contamination being investigated in China
- Supreme Court upholds FCC rule in cellphone tower case
- CT MTA Train Derails, Collides With 2nd Train, 70 Injured