Mom puts gas can in child’s safety seat, leaves toddler improperly restrained
06/09/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Aurora – A mother cited in a routine traffic stop was depicted as having left her toddler improperly restrained in the back seat of a car, while a gas can was strapped in with a seatbelt in a car seat next to him. As reported by The Denver Post, the incident was photographed in connection with a campaign called “Click It or Ticket” conducted by area law enforcement and the Colorado State Patrol.
As noted in the report, the mother received citations during the May 30 traffic stop in which none of the passengers were purportedly wearing seatbelts.
Aurora Police spokesman Frank Fania is quoted in the report as stating regarding the incident, “This could be one of the extreme incidents we’ve ever seen.”
The photograph was posted on the Facebook page of the CDOT.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Colorado legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Sheriff’s deputy shoots teenage daughter believing she’s an intruder
- Man charged after video of him beating autistic teen goes viral
- Pope visits South Korea, meets with ferry disaster survivors
- Texas governor indicted by grand jury
- Ferguson teen killed in police shooting accused of being robbery suspect
- Elizabeth Smart-Gilmour speaks at conference addressing human trafficking
- Teen lives inside Walmart unnoticed for days
- Holder promises full investigation into shooting of unarmed teen
- Brazilian presidential candidate, six others die in plane crash
- Law students file lawsuit over failed software