Star wins in lawsuit brought by mother
06/08/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Leighton Meester, the star of the popular television series “Gossip Girl” has won a court case involving her mother. As reported by ABC News, a judge ruled that the actress was not obligated to pay her mother any sum of money, after Meester’s mother, Constance Meester, alleged she had promised to give her $10,000 a month.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory Alacron, made the ruling Wednesday, citing there was no enforceable agreement between the star and her mother that would bound Meester to pay her money.
As noted in the report, Meester, also filed a suit against her mother for custody of her younger brother after Constance Meester allegedly used money provided for his medical pills on cosmetic surgery.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- US Airways investigates pornographic tweet sent after customer complaint
- Woman arrested after police attempt to return $50
- Mystery of 1971 disappearance of teens solved
- Phoenix woman ordered jailed over Clinton shoe throwing incident
- Veteran teacher fired after ordering ‘hit’ on student
- Woman accused of killing her newborns appears in court
- IRS audit odds lowest since 1980s
- Man attempts to open door during flight, plane rerouted
- Ex-wife of congressman accuses him of violating divorce terms
- Family of ‘affluenza’ teen won’t pay full cost of court-ordered treatment