Star wins in lawsuit brought by mother
06/08/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Leighton Meester, the star of the popular television series “Gossip Girl” has won a court case involving her mother. As reported by ABC News, a judge ruled that the actress was not obligated to pay her mother any sum of money, after Meester’s mother, Constance Meester, alleged she had promised to give her $10,000 a month.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory Alacron, made the ruling Wednesday, citing there was no enforceable agreement between the star and her mother that would bound Meester to pay her money.
As noted in the report, Meester, also filed a suit against her mother for custody of her younger brother after Constance Meester allegedly used money provided for his medical pills on cosmetic surgery.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Duke issued immediate order to stop coal plant groundwater pollution
- Kentucky coal miners claim harassment after raising safety concerns
- Clinton criticizes Putin again following Hitler remark
- Comments made by Arkansas judge online investigated
- Massachusetts court rules in ‘upskirting’ case
- Judge approves child support cut for Beyonce’s father
- Measure allowing surprise inspections at abortions clinics advances in Arizona
- Major changes for SAT, first update in nearly a decade
- Maryville hospital nurses file intent to strike over labor practices
- Judge blocks Ecuadorean judgment collection against Chevron in U.S. courts