Star wins in lawsuit brought by mother
06/08/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Leighton Meester, the star of the popular television series “Gossip Girl” has won a court case involving her mother. As reported by ABC News, a judge ruled that the actress was not obligated to pay her mother any sum of money, after Meester’s mother, Constance Meester, alleged she had promised to give her $10,000 a month.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory Alacron, made the ruling Wednesday, citing there was no enforceable agreement between the star and her mother that would bound Meester to pay her money.
As noted in the report, Meester, also filed a suit against her mother for custody of her younger brother after Constance Meester allegedly used money provided for his medical pills on cosmetic surgery.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man nearly killed while filming crash on New Jersey turnpike
- Michael Douglas given Genesis Prize Foundation honor
- Muhammad Ali hospitalized after being found unresponsive
- Respecting the Seventh Amendment
- Google provides new structured data tool for webmasters
- Widow of deceased boyfriend of Jennifer Aniston speaks out after interview
- Daughter of Yolonda Foster, Gigi Hadid, named new face of Maybelline
- Bruce Jenner Photoshopped “In Touch” Cover Sparks Outrage
- Kim Kardashian app falls below projected revenue mark
- Facebook “hot Snapchat” hoax latest in series of scams