Star wins in lawsuit brought by mother
06/08/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Los Angeles – Leighton Meester, the star of the popular television series “Gossip Girl” has won a court case involving her mother. As reported by ABC News, a judge ruled that the actress was not obligated to pay her mother any sum of money, after Meester’s mother, Constance Meester, alleged she had promised to give her $10,000 a month.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Gregory Alacron, made the ruling Wednesday, citing there was no enforceable agreement between the star and her mother that would bound Meester to pay her money.
As noted in the report, Meester, also filed a suit against her mother for custody of her younger brother after Constance Meester allegedly used money provided for his medical pills on cosmetic surgery.
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in Los Angeles legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Dismissal of Florida smoker lawsuits against tobacco companies upheld by court
- Wyoming workplace deaths decline, study shows
- Remains of missing Tennessee woman identified
- Kris Jenner increases security after receiving death threats?
- Google announces acquisition of Lift Labs
- Jury award reduced by half in police car crash case
- Man arrested after allegedly stalking Bristol Palin
- Trump Taj Mahal could close amid bankruptcy filing
- Actress dies after being struck by tree
- Royal couple expecting second child