Edwards speaks after court win
06/02/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Winston-Salem, N.C. – John Edwards spoke publicly about goals for his future following a court win on Thursday. As reported by Reuters, the former Senator and presidential candidate spoke to reporters and others following a jury’s verdict in which he was found not guilty on one count of the multiple campaign finance charges that have been brought against him.
Edwards, whose reputation has been tarnished due to the controversy surrounding his extramarital affair with a former campaign worker and purported efforts to cover it up, was found not guilty on the charge of taking illegal campaign contributions. The jury was deadlocked on five additional charges.
Edwards is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the federal courthouse steps after the verdict, “I don’t think God’s through with me…I really believe he thinks there’s still some good things I can do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Company sues ‘Duck Dynasty’ over trademarked phrase
- NCAA agrees to $70 million settlement fund in head injury case
- White House: New sanctions to be imposed against Russia
- Mother of burglary suspect charged in case
- Kiefer Sutherland breaks silence on Freddie Prinze Jr. comments
- Search continues for mom who went missing while running errands
- Man charged in fatal police chase crash
- New conspiracy charges for embattled California lawmaker
- Judge: Bring back firing squad executions
- Bose files suit against Beats over patents