Edwards speaks after court win
06/02/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Winston-Salem, N.C. – John Edwards spoke publicly about goals for his future following a court win on Thursday. As reported by Reuters, the former Senator and presidential candidate spoke to reporters and others following a jury’s verdict in which he was found not guilty on one count of the multiple campaign finance charges that have been brought against him.
Edwards, whose reputation has been tarnished due to the controversy surrounding his extramarital affair with a former campaign worker and purported efforts to cover it up, was found not guilty on the charge of taking illegal campaign contributions. The jury was deadlocked on five additional charges.
Edwards is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the federal courthouse steps after the verdict, “I don’t think God’s through with me…I really believe he thinks there’s still some good things I can do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Man arrested on DUI suspicion after Jennifer Lopez crash
- Actress arrested for DUI suspicion while on probation
- High court meets to consider taking cases related to state gay marriage bans
- Judge delays BP oil spill medical claims ruling
- Satanist group wants materials passed out in schools
- Rancher says no proof cow linked to freeway accident was his
- Protective order sought in Adrian Peterson case
- Suspension recommended for judge who took free trip from attorney
- Body of missing Indiana woman found
- Father forces son to drink alcohol as punishment