Edwards speaks after court win
06/02/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Winston-Salem, N.C. – John Edwards spoke publicly about goals for his future following a court win on Thursday. As reported by Reuters, the former Senator and presidential candidate spoke to reporters and others following a jury’s verdict in which he was found not guilty on one count of the multiple campaign finance charges that have been brought against him.
Edwards, whose reputation has been tarnished due to the controversy surrounding his extramarital affair with a former campaign worker and purported efforts to cover it up, was found not guilty on the charge of taking illegal campaign contributions. The jury was deadlocked on five additional charges.
Edwards is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the federal courthouse steps after the verdict, “I don’t think God’s through with me…I really believe he thinks there’s still some good things I can do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina legal news.
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Nicole Scherzinger opens up about self-esteem battle, new album
- Panel approves $800,000 in spending for help with Ebola in Ohio
- Nurse’s aide in Spain now free of Ebola
- Maria Menounos has run in with attacker
- Black bear eats man after death
- Ricki Lake, husband of two years split up
- Facebook seeks to ‘unfriend’ DEA fake profile pages
- Quick-loss diets may be beneficial, according to study
- Jon Gosselin reportedly booted from home
- Glenn Close opens up about growing up in cult