Edwards speaks after court win
06/02/2012 // West Palm Beach, Florida, US // JusticeNews // Justice News Flash // (press release)
Winston-Salem, N.C. – John Edwards spoke publicly about goals for his future following a court win on Thursday. As reported by Reuters, the former Senator and presidential candidate spoke to reporters and others following a jury’s verdict in which he was found not guilty on one count of the multiple campaign finance charges that have been brought against him.
Edwards, whose reputation has been tarnished due to the controversy surrounding his extramarital affair with a former campaign worker and purported efforts to cover it up, was found not guilty on the charge of taking illegal campaign contributions. The jury was deadlocked on five additional charges.
Edwards is quoted by Reuters as stating while on the federal courthouse steps after the verdict, “I don’t think God’s through with me…I really believe he thinks there’s still some good things I can do.”
Justice News Flash delivers the latest in North Carolina legal news.
Online Justice News Flash Legal News Distribution - JusticeNewsFlash.com
Address: 215 South Olive Suite 300 W. Palm Beach FL 33401
Other News / Press Releases
- Pilot in fatal plane crash may have fake license, Russian investigators say
- Jennifer Lopez files for legal name change in divorce
- Apple spends more than $60 million on attorneys in US in Samsung battle
- Sharon Osbourne writes open letter to estranged brother on Facebook
- State Supreme Court hears arguments on Florida medical marijuana measure
- Teens arrested months after fatal car crash for allowing friend to drive drunk
- Black student California university admissions lag post race consideration ban
- Many in South Africa, across globe mourn the death of Nelson Mandela
- Study suggest ancient human inbreeding more widespread than believed
- Man advertises engagement ring on Craigslist worn by ‘Satan herself’